three women

Started by cowboykurtis, June 22, 2004, 04:58:17 PM

cowboykurtis

my search function doesnt work - so if theres already a topic -- i apologize.

recently blind bought the altman criterion disc -- very well made film, great performances -- some astounding moments. however very perplexing and puzzling film. i have my own thoughts as to what exactly took place.  similar to many of lynch's films, this can not really be pinned down to explanation. everyone has their theories, but saying that THIS happened instead of THAT becomes somehwat arbetrary do to the logic of the narrative.

Those who have seen this will understand what I say. Or maybe not. Regardless, for those who have an opinion about this film, I'd be very curious to hear your thoughts.
...your excuses are your own...

Finn

I haven't seen this yet, but I'd really like to.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

soixante

A critic said about this film, "you have to meet it halfway," which means you can't just be a passive viewer.  A lot of critics have compared it to Persona.

This shows how freewheeling the 70's was, that Altman could get a major studio to greenlight one of his dreams.

I hope that Altman's subsequent films for 20th Century Fox in the late 70's, namely A Wedding and A Perfect Couple, get on DVD.
Music is your best entertainment value.

cowboykurtis

i really do not like the wedding.
...your excuses are your own...

Alexandro

This movie was fucking cool!!!! It was funny and creepy at the same time. The ending is perfect.