Stateside

Started by Banky, April 26, 2004, 09:26:30 PM

Banky

Directed by: Reverge Anselmo
Written by: Reverge Anselmo
Cast: Rachael Leigh Cook, Jonathan Tucker, Agnes Bruckner, Joe Mantegna, Carrie Fisher, Diane Venora, Ed Begley Jr., Val Kilmer
Studio: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Genre: Drama
Official Site: www.statesidemovie.com  
Release Date: May 21, 2004 (limited)  
TBA 2004 (wide)

PLOT
Based on a true story, STATESIDE follows the adventures of an outlaw rich kid, Mark Deloach (Tucker), who lands in the Marine Corps and is trained by hard-biting Drill Instructor Skeer (Kilmer). When on leave, he meets and falls in love with the crazy young actress/pop singer, Dori Lawrence (Leigh Cool). STATESIDE is a story of love that overcomes precarious trials and earns, for the spirit of youth, a heartfelt victory.

I was an  extra in this movie and i even think that i made the trailer.  There is a shot where JT and some other guy are on a balckony at a dance and you can see dancers on the floor below them.  I beleive i am one of those dancers although the trailer isnt very HQ so im not positive.

cowboykurtis

interesting little known tid bit on this film -- the director is a friend of a friend -- hes was 26/27 at the time he directed it -- he financed it all with his own money -- something like 40 million dollars -- his father is an oil tycoon -- so heres his introduction to moviemaking, on fathers dime.

i was curious to see this just becuase of that knowledge,  but neglected to do so. anyone see it -- thoughts?
...your excuses are your own...

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: cowboykurtisinteresting little known tid bit on this film -- the director is a friend of a friend -- hes was 26/27 at the time he directed it -- he financed it all with his own money -- something like 40 million dollars -- his father is an oil tycoon -- so heres his introduction to moviemaking, on fathers dime.

Quote from: BankyPLOT
Based on a true story, STATESIDE follows the adventures of an outlaw rich kid, Mark Deloach (Tucker), who lands in the Marine Corps and is trained by hard-biting Drill Instructor Skeer (Kilmer). When on leave, he meets and falls in love with the crazy young actress/pop singer, Dori Lawrence (Leigh Cool). STATESIDE is a story of love that overcomes precarious trials and earns, for the spirit of youth, a heartfelt victory.

hmmm.........judging from the cowboys insights about the directors bio.  it seems that this films plot resembles the directors fairy tale/alternate reality of himself..........the coincidence:

-the director is a rich kid
-in the film the main protagonist is a rich kid

so...
this leads me to think that anselmo was a sheltered rich boy and that he always dreamed of doing "something" more w/ his life rather than sitting back spending his dads money on armani suits and grey goose vodka and other trinkets that rich boys toss around...so,  he envisioned himself as a warrior who seeks out adventure[note: marines plot device] and a  passionate romance w/ a woman ...

armchair psych[.]

cowboykurtis

sad but true -- this movie sounds quite boring -- as his life must be
...your excuses are your own...