MAX

Started by Victor, February 26, 2003, 10:05:32 AM

Victor

Did anyone see it? it was out for such a short time, in only a few theatres, they really fucked up the release of this movie. I really liked it, Noah Taylor's performance was fucking amazing and Cusack was great, as always. It was really interesting, too. And of course its funny to see li'l hitler on a date, screaming politics at this girl. Sucks this didnt get any props, awards-wise. I liked it even better than The Pianist.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Ghostboy

I liked it a lot; it had some really powerful stuff in it. It's nice to see Cusack pushing so hard for an edgy project like this (he refused to act in anything until someone funded this one).

Did anyone see The Grey Zone? That was the other holocaust movie from last year, and I liked it a bit more than The Pianist (which was great, don't get me wrong).

Tommy Both

hey, I didn't even know it was dutch :D or I mean done by a dutch director... Menno Meyjes (he did the screenplay for The Color Purple and also for the Siege)

Ghostboy

And I believe was a cowriter on Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade...his first encounter with Hitler.

underdog

i never saw it...but the way you guys talk about it sound very good...
peace
"This is my week off, so pack up,
take the kids, and I'll see you in a week"

joke08

man i really want to see this, but i haven't seen anything about it. The only preview I saw was when Cusack was on Conan or something, like a month ago.
Maybe it will come to the Portsmouth, NH music hall. Does anyone here live in new england?
i've been drinking more wine lately.
it's good for you pop.
yeah, well anyway, i've been drinking more wine
(vito to michael, Godfather I)

Sleuth

I just saw it.  I mainly liked Noah Taylor's performance, but not much else.
I like to hug dogs

rustinglass

cusack's wife looked so hot in the gym scene.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

MacGuffin

Meyjes raising 'Martian Child'

Filmmaker Menno Meyjes, who wrote and directed the John Cusack film "Max" about the young Adolf Hitler, is stepping up to take care of New Line Cinema's "The Martian Child," in which Cusack is set to star.

Nick Cassavetes, who helmed "The Notebook" for the studio, was slated to direct but fell out because of creative differences.

Meyjes will rewrite and direct "Martian," which is about a sci-fi writer (Cusack) who, wanting to be a dad, adopts a 7-year-old boy who may be an alien. It is based on a short story by David Gerrold. Jonathan Tolins and Seth Bass wrote the original draft.

The pic is tentatively slated for a late fall shoot.

David Kirschner, Corey Sienega and Ed Albert are producing. New Line production president Toby Emmerich and exec Mark Kaufman are overseeing.

Before turning to directing, Meyjes collaborated on several projects with Steven Spielberg. He wrote "The Color Purple," for which he was nominated for an Academy Award, worked on "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" and did uncredited work on "Empire of the Sun." His credits include "Ricochet" and "The Siege," both of which starred Denzel Washington.

He rewrote and is attached to direct "Inside Man" for Imagine and Universal and is gearing up to do his passion project, "Capa," about noted war photographer Robert Capa, which he will write and direct.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks