dead ant, dead ant... The Pink Panther (2005)

Started by mutinyco, March 29, 2004, 11:51:56 AM

mutinyco

Am I the only person who thinks this is a really bad idea?

David Beckham is in negotiations to join the cast of MGM's "The Pink Panther." The world's most celebrated soccer player would play a cameo role as -- what else? -- a soccer player in the film, which follows a detective solving the murder of a famous soccer coach and the theft of the Pink Panther diamond. Talks for Beckham to take the role are hinging on resolving a scheduling conflict that MGM and Beckham's manager are trying to iron out. Beckham recently relocated to Spain, where he now plays for Real Madrid. It would be the first feature film appearance for Beckham, who was featured only in archive footage in the aptly named "Bend It Like Beckham," directed by Gurinder Chadha. In "Pink Panther," Steve Martin stars as Inspector Clouseau, with Kevin Kline, Beyonce Knowles and Jean Reno also cast. Bob Simonds is producing, with Shawn Levy directing. The film is due to go into production in May and is scheduled for a July 2005 release. (Liza Foreman)
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release Date: July 22nd, 2005 (wide)

Cast: Steve Martin (Inspector Clouseau), Kevin Kline, Beyonce Knowles (Xania), Jean Reno (Ponton), David Beckham (cameo).

Director: Shawn Levy (Big Fat Liar, Just Married, Cheaper by the Dozen)

Screenwriter: Len Blum (Beethoven's 2nd; cowriter of Private Parts, Stripes)

Premise: In this new Inspector Clouseau adventure, the incompetent French detective (Martin) investigates the murder of the nation's soccer team coach while also looking into the disappearance of the famous Pink Panther diamond, the national treasure of the nation of Lugash (Knowles plays the #1 suspect, a pop singer whose boyfriend has recently died; Reno plays Clouseau's chauffeur and sidekick, who is really an undercover cop assigned to make sure he doesn't screw up).
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

Right, yes, so... nothing about this looks good.

bonanzataz

Quote from: matt35mmRight, yes, so... nothing about this looks good.

ahem...

Quote from: MacGuffinDirector: Shawn Levy (Big Fat Liar, Just Married, Cheaper by the Dozen)

haHA! EAT your words!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Rudie Obias

\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Myxo

metroshane

Yeah, b/c the originals were so good.   :yabbse-thumbdown:

This should be fairly entertaining for my feeble mind.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

cine

Sellers is doing you-know-what in his grave right now..

MacGuffin

'Pink Panther' inspects new release date

Sony Pictures Releasing said Monday that it has moved the summer release of its upcoming "The Pink Panther" from its scheduled Aug. 5 date to Feb. 10. The Shawn Levy-helmed comedy, starring Steve Martin in the role made famous by Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseau, was the one of the films absorbed by Sony when it acquired MGM in April. "With the recent acquisition of MGM, we wanted to give our marketing department the time and opportunity to launch this very important franchise," Sony Pictures Releasing president Rory Bruer said. "We've seen the movie, and we really love this film. It's a franchise we believe in and are really excited about, and Steve Martin is great as Clouseau."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

"August is for movies that might actually be good.  But in February hopefully no one will notice the stink of our film amongst all the other shit."
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

context, context, context.

Kal

This was actually funny... I liked it. You cannot compare it with the original, but rather enjoy it as a movie. Steve Martin is very good, and its well done. I enjoyed it and the whole theatre seemed to be having a good time as well.

hedwig

Quote from: kal on February 12, 2006, 02:31:18 PM
I enjoyed it and the whole theatre seemed to be having a good time as well.

let me guess, you took your 2nd grade class on a field trip to see it.

Kal

why does everyone here have to make sarcastic or stupid remarks when they dont agree on something? it was a funny movie... maybe not incredible, but still funny and everyone that sees it seem to enjoy it. You should see it before posting...

polkablues

Quote from: kal on February 12, 2006, 06:43:53 PM
why does everyone here have to make sarcastic or stupid remarks when they dont agree on something?

Hi, welcome to Xixax.  Introduce yourself.
My house, my rules, my coffee