Dodgeball

Started by Just Withnail, March 25, 2004, 03:18:08 PM

Just Withnail

Stiller looks brilliant as ever. God, that mustache  :lol:

This could end up being another Zoolander, though; hilarious concept, great posters and (eventually) trailers. But (for me at least) falling flat...Anyway, check these out:

Poster #1

Poster #2

Also, there are some pictures in the Starsky & Hutch thread

Henry Hill

have you seen the gigantic stand-up they have displayed in theaters? i saw it the other day. its bens team on one side and vinces on the other. from the stand-up alone it looks hilarious. im there.

modage

Quote from: filmboy70have you seen the gigantic stand-up they have displayed in theaters? i saw it the other day. its bens team on one side and vinces on the other. from the stand-up alone it looks hilarious. im there.
yeah thats what he was trying to link picture to, but wouldnt work (for me atleast).

http://www.latinoreview.com/films_2004/showest/showest-10.html
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Release Date: June 18th, 2004 (wide)

Cast: Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Jason Bateman, Gary Cole, Missi Pyle, Stephen Root, Christine Taylor, Alan Tydyk, Cayden Boyd (Timmy), Brooke Burke (cameo as herself), Jamal Duff, Julie Gonzalo (Ashley), Justin Long, Joel Moore, Christopher Williams (Dwight)

Director: Rawson Marshall Thurber (feature film debut)

Screenwriter: Rawson Marshall Thurber (feature film debut)

Premise: When the financial future of their favorite gym is threatened to be taken over by a national fitness franchise, a group of friends (led by Stiller) agree to compete as a dodgeball team at a "winner takes all" competition in Las Vegas against a team (led by Vaughn) that's the best the big corporation can buy. (Cole and Bateman play the announcers at the World Dodgeball Championship.)

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Just Withnail

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: filmboy70have you seen the gigantic stand-up they have displayed in theaters? i saw it the other day. its bens team on one side and vinces on the other. from the stand-up alone it looks hilarious. im there.
yeah thats what he was trying to link picture to, but wouldnt work (for me atleast).

http://www.latinoreview.com/films_2004/showest/showest-10.html

I think they work if you refresh after getting the error page.

pete

there is no way I'd dislike that movie.  comedies in disguise as sports movies always get me (not sport comedies like jerry maguire, but more like shaolin soccer...)
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffin
Cast: Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Jason Bateman, Gary Cole, Missi Pyle,

.......damn, this jason bateman......?

MacGuffin

Quote from: NEON MERCURY.......damn, this jason bateman......?

Yep. He's had a revival lately; being on the TV show Arrested Development and in Starsky & Hutch.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: NEON MERCURY.......damn, this jason bateman......?

Yep. He's had a revival lately; being on the TV show Arrested Development and in Starsky & Hutch.

sh*t..thats cool.......i remember he use to be on a popular 80's tv show..was it family ties or mt. belvedere or something ????....thats how i remeber him...back in the days......thats nice that he's getting a revival of sorts...maybe the corey's will get their due respect.....Liscnece to Drive and the lost boys are two gulty pleasures....of mine.. :oops:

MacGuffin

Quote from: NEON MERCURYi remember he use to be on a popular 80's tv show..was it family ties or mt. belvedere or something ????....

It started off as "Valerie", but after Valerie Harper left the show over money issues, they killed off her character, thus calling the show "Valerie's Family". Then Sandy Duncan took over and it became "The Hogan Family"....and I seriously need to get a life.

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: NEON MERCURYi remember he use to be on a popular 80's tv show..was it family ties or mt. belvedere or something ????....

It started off as "Valerie", but after Valerie Harper left the show over money issues, they killed off her character, thus calling the show "Valerie's Family". Then Sandy Duncan took over and it became "The Hogan Family"....and I seriously need to get a life.

ahh, thats it!! thanks mac.

....as always much  obliged...... 8)

indiana

it looks funny. i hope it will be just as funny as zoolander.
peace
SONIC BOOM!

Pas

They stole our idea Sloth ! They STOLE IT.

Mavis

ben stiller is going to get hit hard in the crotch. i know these things. some people say i have a sixth sense for what movies will do. i knew tom green was going to hump that moose. my friends were all surprised. they couldn't believe i called it so fast. i had never even seen the show either. i also knew gandhi and malcolm x were going to die. man, they had it coming though, didn't they? and my friends were like, 'oh we knew that' and i'm like 'oh yeah, how could you know that' and they said, 'we read it in our history books'. man i laughed sooo hard. i was like, 'how could you read it in a history book? spike lee wrote the screenplay!!"

i have a migraine now. i'm going to take a nap.

Kal

any movie that has Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson, Will Ferrel or Luke Wilson has to be seen