The Whole Ten Yards

Started by MacGuffin, February 19, 2004, 09:13:35 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: April 9th, 2004 (wide)

Cast: Bruce Willis (Jimmy "The Tulip" Teduski), Matthew Perry (Nicholas "Oz" Oseransky), Natasha Henstridge (Cynthia Tudeski), Amanda Peet (Jill St. Claire), Kevin Pollak (Janni Pytor Gogolak), Clara Bellar, Frank Collison (Strabo Gogolak), Johnny Messner, Tellulah Willis

Director: Howard Deutch (The Replacements, Grumpier Old Men, Pretty in Pink, The Odd Couple II, The Great Outdoors)

Screenwriter: Mitchell Kapner (The Whole Nine Yards)

Premise: This movie follows the continuing wacky misadventures of a hitman, Jimmy the Tulip (Willis), who lives next door to a mild-mannered dentist, Oz (Perry). Following the events of 'The Whole Nine Yards,' Oz is now married to Jimmy's ex-wife, Cynthia (Henstridge), and Jimmy is married to Oz's former dental assistant (and hit woman), Jill St. Claire (Peet), and Jimmy has dropped the hitman persona to be more of a family man. Nick has to seek the hitman help of Jimmy and Jill, however, when Cynthia is kidnapped by the Hungarian mob (she was also held hostage in the first movie), which includes Lazlo (Pollak), the brother of Yanni from the first movie.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

Possible spoilers for the last one.  I'm probably alone (or at least not in great company) in really liking the first one.  Maybe it was 'cause of Amanda "nothin'-finer-than-a-fine-naked-lady-holdin'-a-gun" Peet.  I don't think about it too much.  She was hilarious as the wannabe serial killer.  And Matthew Perry is usually fun to watch, regardless.  Especially with Willis.  Too bad they killed Michael Clarke Duncan off in the last one.

cine

Don't worry, Ono. I Blong in the same company as you...

MacGuffin

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaI'm probably alone (or at least not in great company) in really liking the first one.

Quote from: CinephileDon't worry, Ono. I Blong in the same company as you...

Let's just say there was a reason I started the thread. Not being a fan of Matthew Perry, I was surprised by "Nine Yards." It was the story and the supporting characters that won me over.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: OnomatopoeiaI'm probably alone (or at least not in great company) in really liking the first one.

Let's just say there was a reason I started the thread. Not being a fan of Matthew Perry, I was surprised by "Nine Yards." It was the story and the supporting characters that won me over.

:shock:

SoNowThen

Quote from: MacGuffin

That makes four of us. I love Nine Yards. I've always been a big fan of Willis and Perry, and of course Natasha "yet-another-unbelievable-babe-that-comes-from-Alberta" Henstridge. And naked Peet, yes this was good too.

Plus it was such a wonderful thing that they shot in Canada and actually called it Canada, and took advantage of all the jokes they could make -- particularily the Willis mayo on hamburgers scene.

I sure hope the sequel doesn't suck...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

SmellyBoobFungus

perry and willis' chemistry is fuckin hilarious!
Guy with spoon: My spoon is too big. My spoon is too big. My spoon is too big.
Banana: I am a banana!

Rejected

Banky

yeah i really love the style and music if Nine really funny stuff

Alethia

i am a fan of the first one, a big matthew perry fan (due to friends, more the earlier episodes than the new ones, but whatever) and i couldn't watch the trailer...hope this is good...

Kal

I really loved the first film and I've been waiting for this one for a while now... it was supposed to be released last October but got delayed for some reason...

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

Why is Willis' face doing that?

Alethia

yeah, for real.  thats fuckin scary.  he's also wearin a skirt...

Dirk

At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Ravi

Who is the old guy in the middle, and do you still want to see this movie after seeing the poster?