Welcome to Mooseport

Started by ono, February 17, 2004, 05:04:24 PM

ono

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361925/

Starts Friday.  I guess you can move this to Now Showing then or something.  It stars Gene Hackman and Ray Romano.

This movie looks awful.  The commercials made me cringe, and hate Hollywood, and pop culture, and all that shit yet again (kind of like how the publicity photos for The Ladykillers could make the film look so promising and atmospheric and all that jazz, yet the commercial make it look like absolute dreck).  Although, there are worse movies, I'm sure, that I could direct my venom at.  But, I'm not surprised there's not a thread for this film yet, and the only reason I'm posting about it is because I heard something about a sneak preview.  Not sure if I want to bother going, but if I hear the ad for the sneak and find out where passes are given out, I may check it out. Hey, it's a free way to kill two hours.

Normally, a movie with Gene Hackman and Ray Romano doesn't sound like a bad proposition.  It's just the material seems just awful, and it's handled in that on-the-nose Hollywood way that just makes you want to shoot yourself.  You know, kind of like how the premise of 50 First Dates sounded brilliant (to me anyway) until you saw the trailers, and realized it's just another Adam Sandler vehicle with the requisite, unfunny Rob Schneider cameo.

End rant.  Anyone gonna see this thing?  Don't be shy!  :-D

cine

Stefen

Agreed. This movie looks terrible. Although the previews for freaky friday looked awful too and I 30% enjoyed that movie. I'll give this movie a chance when it comes to video (is that even a term anymore or should I start using when it comes to dvd instead!?!)
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.