TOP TEN - 2003!!!!!

Started by bonanzataz, December 28, 2003, 07:15:25 PM

bonanzataz

i hate em. you hate em. they're top ten lists! AND THEY'RE RIGHT HERE ON XIXAX! in the tradition of sir roger ebert, tell us. what are your top ten movies of the year?

here are mine (i may edit later, as i haven't seen everything i've been meaning to yet, but these are them right now).

1. Kill Bill Vol. 1
2. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
3. 21 Grams
4. Big Fish
5. Finding Nemo
6. House of 1000 Corpses
7.Matrix Reloaded
8. Anger Management
9. Old School
10. Elf

i had a really hard time making this list. i had to research and think back to the good movies. this was all i could come up with. it's not a great list, but it's OK. I own (or will own) all these dvd's, except for matchstick men (which has now been knocked off, effective dec 31), probably, so, they're good enough to buy, they're on the list.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

nix

this is tenative:

1. Lost in Translation
2. Elephant
3. American Splendor
4. The secret Lives of Dentists
5. Kill Bill Vol. 1
6. Irreversible
7. Liya 4-Ever
8. The House of Sand and Fog
9. All The Real Girls
10. The Man Without a Past
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

Kal

I havent seen many of what some people talked about as the 'best movies' of this year... but this is the top 10 as far as the movies i did watch.

1) The Return of the King
2) The Matrix Revolutons
3) Kill Bill
4) Love Actually
5) The Matrix Reloaded
6) Pirates of the Caribbean
7) Mystic River
8) Finding Nemo
9) 28 Days Later
10) Confessions of a Dangerouns Mind

I havent seen Lost in Translation or Big Fish yet, which may be important additions to my list.

1. Street Theatre
2. The Jailbird
3. Omelas
4. The Isis Age
5. My Prayer
6. Evolution Street
7. Teresa
8. Nickles & Dimes
9. Riviera
10. Time Takes A Cigarette

bonanzataz

hey! no fair! he mentioned obscure independent movies nobody's ever heard of!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

nix

And I call myself a film buff. I haven't heard of a single one of those movies!
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

MacGuffin

Quote from: andyk10) Confessions of a Dangerouns Mind

Released in 2002.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

analogzombie

this is my list of most enjoyed of 2003, not the 'best of' just a most enjoyed

1) Kill Bill
2) 28 days later
3) Lost in Translation
4) Return of the King
5) Bubba HoTep
6) Finding Nemo
7) a Mighty Wind
8) Stoked: rise and fall of gator
9) party monster
10) bad boys 2 (guilty pleasure extrordinaire)
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

Ghostboy

I just made mine up earlier today and was going to make this post! Damn you, taz! Well, not really, thanks for saving me the trouble.

Anyway...

1. Lost In Translation
2. Kill Bill
3. Return Of The King
4. Dogville
5. Gerry
6. In America
7. The Cremaster Cycle
8. Elephant
9. The Station Agent
10. Peter Pan

GoneSavage

1. Lost In Translation
2. Bubba Ho-Tep
3. Return of the King
4. Pirates of the Carribean
5. 28 Days Later
6. A Mighty Wind
7.  House of 1000 Corpses
8. Hulk (minus the last 20 minutes)
9. School of Rock

cine

My list is also tentative. I am seeing In America, The House of Sand and Fog, and Elephant this tuesday so I have a feeling my list will certainly change. (I also haven't seen Return of the King, American Splendor, The Company, The Last Samurai or even House of 1000 Corpses!) The list for now:

1. Lost in Translation
2. Man on the Train
3. Finding Nemo
4. Mystic River
5. Kill Bill
6. Whale Rider
7. Matchstick Men
8. Man Without a Past
9. Master and Commander
10. Thirteen

Best Letter of 2003: M.

©brad

i can't believe i'm doing this.

(i have yet to see american splendor and in america :( )

1. ....

fuck it, i can't do it. lists suck........

1. the return of the king
2. lost in translation
3. finding nemo
4. 21 grams
5. matrix reloaded
6. all the real girls
7. kill bill
8. hulk
9. matrix revolutions
10. whale rider

The Silver Bullet

December 29?! Way too early yet...
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

cine

Quote from: The Silver BulletDecember 29?! Way too early yet...
That's why people are calling them tentative or saying they'll edit them. Like me.
It's fun to change your list at the end of the year, isn't it? No? Ah, fuck all of you...

Pubrick

Quote from: nixAnd I call myself a film buff. I haven't heard of a single one of those movies!
that's cos they're shit.
under the paving stones.