movies you missed

Started by Jeremy Blackman, November 29, 2003, 01:48:22 AM

Jeremy Blackman

So far this year, the important movies I've missed are... Elephant, American Splendor, Russian Ark, Whale Rider, Gerry, Seabiscuit (and probably more)...  :yabbse-sad:

Ghostboy

Is Seabiscuit important? If so, then that's the one I missed. That and Spellbound (I know, I know, technically that counts as a 2002 release, but whatever).

MacGuffin

American Splendor
City Of God
Elephant
Swimming Pool
Bubba Ho-Tep
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

yeah well just about all of em. and not out of laziness.

i saw everything that was important and released.
under the paving stones.

Xixax

Quote from: MacGuffinBubba Ho-Tep
1:30 PM showing today at my local arthouse theater.

I am SO there!
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Finn

Most of the movies I didn't see in theaters I saw on video. I almost missed Lost in Translation but it was held over at the Landmark Theatre in New Orleans. Great, great, great movie!
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Gamblour.

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanSo far this year, the important movies I've missed are... Elephant, American Splendor, Russian Ark, Whale Rider, Gerry, Seabiscuit (and probably more)...  :yabbse-sad:

Missed all those, City of God, Bubba Ho-Tep
WWPTAD?

©brad

Quote from: MacGuffinAmerican Splendor
City Of God
Elephant
Swimming Pool
Bubba Ho-Tep

same here. also missed gerry, all the real girls, and probably countless others. (i just rented 28 days yesterday and watched it w/ my little brother. i loved it!) i really need to see more movies but it's been tough these days.  :(

pete

nothing 'cause I work at an arthouse theater!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Reinhold

i've missed everything, and the closest independent theater is in detroit.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Jake_82

Elephant is still showing though, in NY and LA, and it hasn't even expanded to other cities yet... right? It just came out in those two cities a few weeks ago
your reality is at the end of your dream

Sleuth

Quote from: Jake_82Elephant is still showing though, in NY and LA, and it hasn't even expanded to other cities yet... right? It just came out in those two cities a few weeks ago

It expanded a few weeks ago...
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Quote from: Jake_82Elephant is still showing though, in NY and LA

I think it's down to only one theater in the LA area (there wasn't even an ad for it in this Friday's LA Times), and I don't think I'm gonna make it out to Hollywood anytime soon.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Elephant expanded in Toronto so I'll be seeing it shortly.
I also missed everything else on Mac's list. :(

Pas

Russian Ark was great, see it Blackman it's on DVD already