What do you have under your hood(figuratively speaking)

Started by Recce, February 12, 2003, 04:40:23 PM

Recce

"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

Cecil

867 g4 with 1.12 gigs of ram, dvd burner 1 x 60 gig hd and 1 x 80 gig hd,
running os 10.1.5, final cut pro 3

Recce

I'm still stuck in the past, with a 600mhz Pentium 3 Hewlett-Packard. 128mb of ram. I use Adobe Premiere 6.
Its slow but its does allright.
I'm in the process of purchasing an eMac with superdrive, 800mhz, 60gb hard drvie with 512 mb of ram. I'll start learnbing Final Cut Pro 3 soon enough.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: cecil b. demented867 g4 with 1.12 gigs of ram, dvd burner 1 x 60 gig hd and 1 x 80 gig hd,

Mmmmm... Well, tell me how 10.2 is if you get it...

Xixax

Premiere 6.5, about to purchase Sonic's ReelDVD and ROM Formatter for DVD authoring.

Asus Pentium4 2.4 Ghz motherboard, 1GB RAM, 120 GB HD, NVidia video, Matrox RT-X.10 video I/O board...

All so I can make videos about farts and burps.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Cecil

Quote from: XixaxPremiere 6.5, about to purchase Sonic's ReelDVD and ROM Formatter for DVD authoring.

Asus Pentium4 2.4 Ghz motherboard, 1GB RAM, 120 GB HD, NVidia video, Matrox RT-X.10 video I/O board...

are you running windows xp? if so, do you find this setup stable and robust?

RegularKarate

OSX.1.5 G4 running 512 Ram (due for an upgrade soon, but it treats me right for now) 80 gig drive w/ Superdrive.

I'm currently running an old, crappy version of Final Cut 1.  (booo)  

Soon I'll soup it up a tad with an external HD and updated Final Cut.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Yeah, me too, I've been running into quite a bit of shit that will only work on Jag lately... kind of pissing me off, actually.

Xixax

Quote from: cecil b. demented
Quote from: XixaxPremiere 6.5, about to purchase Sonic's ReelDVD and ROM Formatter for DVD authoring.

are you running windows xp? if so, do you find this setup stable and robust?
Can't speak for Sonic's stuff yet because I don't have it. It's ordered.

But the platform itself is very stable, yeah. The trick is to make sure you get a motherboard that's certified to be compatible with your capture gear. Matrox publishes these lists, as do other vendors.

I had a hodge-podge system with Pinnacle hardware before on Win98, and it crashed so often that editing was practically impossible. I've been very pleased with the stability in the small amount of editing I've done on the new machine.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Xixax

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: cecil b. demented867 g4 with 1.12 gigs of ram, dvd burner 1 x 60 gig hd and 1 x 80 gig hd,

I have 10.2 on one of my macs, and it's pretty slick. I didn't like the fact that I had to purchase 9.2 seperately to get 10.2 to run in Classic mode, but other than that I've been very pleased. Rock solid on my Imac G3-550 / 1Gb ram system.
[/size]

bonanzataz

Question. I got a Mac 2 months ago that I've been meaning to use to edit videos. All it's done so far is burn a few DVD's and import some footage. The reason for so little usage is because I don't know whether to use Adobe or Final Cut Pro. Both programs I could get for free from my school's video editing guy, but with Final Cut, I have to try and work and figure out how to set it all up as he has the version for Classic with the OSX upgrade. It's weird to install. I'm used to Adobe b/c I was using it on my PC. Should I switch to Final Cut and do the extra work, or is Adobe just fine? What are some differences between the two, which one is better?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Xixax

Rumor has it that Premiere for Mac is being discontinued. Don't quote me on that, but if it turns out to be true and you do choose to go with the mac side of computing for this sort of thing, then you can't go wrong with FInal Cut Pro. People are cutting a lot of movies on that these days.

I think Premiere is the best thing out there for Windows, but on the mac side, I'd choose Final Cut.
[/size]

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: XixaxI have 10.2 on one of my macs, and it's pretty slick.

Tell me, please God tell me, how is Safari?

Xixax

I'm purposely waiting until it's out of beta to try it.

Although everything I've read points to it rocking pretty hard.
[/size]

Sigur Rós

Would someone help me??

I have a pretty good pc and a videocamera using hi8-tapes (it's a new Sony). What cables and programmes do I need to edit my footage?........I really dont know anything about this :)