inherit the wind

Started by Alethia, November 11, 2003, 07:40:50 PM

Alethia

hey.  i wanted to make a thread on this because, well, first and foremost my drama club (high school) is doing this show (nov. 20, 21, 22) and we've been rehearsing for three months, so if you havent guessed already, yeah i've been kinda soakin this up.  i was cast as matthew harrison brady, the frederic march, kirk douglas, ed begley, and george c. scott part, lol.  i've only seen the stanley kramer film, where frederic march played him.  personally i don't think it's all that great, nor the performances.  but the story is kinda good, i think, albeit very simplified given that it's required reading in like, ninth grade.  doing research on the actual trial was much more interesting than the movie or reading it, but i wanted to make a thread on this, to see if anyone has seen it (i'm sure they have), for you guys to give opinions or hell, even any cool information you wanna share.....

MacGuffin

Quote from: ewardi've only seen the stanley kramer film, where frederic march played him.  personally i don't think it's all that great, nor the performances.

Spencer Tracy has just spin in his grave.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: ewardi've only seen the stanley kramer film, where frederic march played him.  personally i don't think it's all that great, nor the performances.

Spencer Tracy has just spin in his grave.

actually, he was pretty good, i just didnt like frederic march, or gene kelly, for that matter.

cine

I'm sure Tracy is still a-spinnin'.

Alethia

yeah, i dont think this movie is very well-liked lol