Resident Evil OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD

Started by indiana, October 31, 2003, 08:30:10 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: SiliasRuby on September 20, 2006, 11:06:45 PM
Still need to see these Fabulous films.
hahaha what the hell?? you are killing me silias. i've been holding back during today's FIT of SHIT you've thrown but this is just too much. you havn't seen these movies, you have absolutely nothing to say about them, so you post to say that you still need to see them and call them FABULOUS? from now on let's just assume that you haven't seen a movie until you say you have, ok? no need to update us every few months. and then when you do see it let's just assume you LOVED it like you do everything else, and apparently already do in this case before having seen them.

did you see that post i made where i said you're like otto when he's obviously stoned and he thinks everything is amazing? here it is in case you missed it:

Quote from: Pubrick on June 11, 2006, 12:49:33 AM

Mrs K you look AWESOME

that cloud looks AWESOME

my hands look AWESOME

but the fucked up part is YOU'RE NOT STONED.
under the paving stones.

Chest Rockwell

In Silias's defense I think it was sarcasm, in which case it wouldn't be a worthless post because he wasn't really expressing his opinion but a roundabout insult of the Resident Evil franchise. If you want to break the post down syntactically the capitolization of "fabulous" brings to it increased emphasis, which makes the reader question his motives, and then perhaps realize that his statement is self-referential humor.

bonanzataz

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on September 21, 2006, 06:10:57 PM
In Silias's defense I think it was sarcasm, in which case it wouldn't be a worthless post because he wasn't really expressing his opinion but a roundabout insult of the Resident Evil franchise. If you want to break the post down syntactically the capitolization of "fabulous" brings to it increased emphasis, which makes the reader question his motives, and then perhaps realize that his statement is self-referential humor.

well, chest, if that WAS the case, i'm gonna have to say FUCK silias. elitist pricks can suck my nuts.

there, airtight case against all haters.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pubrick

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on September 21, 2006, 06:10:57 PM

you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. none whatsoever.
under the paving stones.

SiliasRuby

Jeez, I didn't think I'd get this much of a response. I knew that I was going to get the always entertaining Pubrick, hitting me with one of his zingers, but to have this much of an analysis of one fucking phrase, wasn't perpared for that, not at all. In all honesty I really do want to see these because I've heard so many good things about the resident evil series. while I'm usually heavily critical when it comes to comic book movies and Video game movies, enough banter by friends, close relatives and fellow film makers. Now I was not being sarcastic, just wanted to express my opinion and wanted to get P into a Tizzy.

And From now on, I'l become more lengthy with my replies, reviews, and sides to certain subjects.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pubrick

Quote from: SiliasRuby on September 23, 2006, 01:55:19 AM
but to have this much of an analysis of one fucking phrase, wasn't perpared for that, not at all.
don't confuse yourself any further. i have never thought you were being sarcastic, that was Chest cos he has no idea what he's talking about. i always think you're being honest, that was never the issue. my "analysis" was nothing more than a rant stating the obvious with total incredulity. i'm afraid you still havn't seen that you never say anything at all.

Quote from: SiliasRuby on September 23, 2006, 01:55:19 AM
And From now on, I'l become more lengthy with my replies, reviews, and sides to certain subjects.
oh god. if this means you're gonna stretch out zero substance to fill a paragraph rather than one line, then may God hav mercy on us all. truth be told i'm just surprised you started again with the empty posts after a long period of not doing that.

oh by they way, Chest, check out the sarcastic way he said "From"!
under the paving stones.

polkablues

Quote from: Pubrick on September 23, 2006, 03:40:38 AM
oh by they way, Chest, check out the sarcastic way he said "From"!

For everyone's future reference, that's what sarcasm looks like.  ^^^
My house, my rules, my coffee

Chest Rockwell

Just for the record, I was being facetious.

essbe

They should've based the Resident Evil film on the first video game.
Film lovers are sick people

gob

I'm currently blitzing my way through Resident Evil 4 on the PS2 and it's probably the best videogame I've ever played. If anyone could make a Resident Evil movie that's half as immersive and cinematic as that game is then it'd be an instant horror classic. The game(s) have so much atmosphere, a great balance between horror and action and both brutality and subtlety. The Resident Evil movies have none of this and a Slipknot/Tripe Metal soundtrack.  :doh:

essbe

Yeah your right gob.  I think they were just trying to make a wowcooldude movie for 12-16 yr old boys.  They should've made a bleak film where the viewer actually cares about the characters and that's more about the suspense (The Shining) than throwing a bunch of scares in your face;(Jeepers Creepers) instead they chose to make Fast and the Furious with zombies.
Film lovers are sick people

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: gob on October 01, 2006, 10:05:41 AM
I'm currently blitzing my way through Resident Evil 4 on the PS2 and it's probably the best videogame I've ever played. If anyone could make a Resident Evil movie that's half as immersive and cinematic as that game is then it'd be an instant horror classic. The game(s) have so much atmosphere, a great balance between horror and action and both brutality and subtlety. The Resident Evil movies have none of this and a Slipknot/Tripe Metal soundtrack.  :doh:
Have you played any of the the other games? RE4 is not very similar - it's more dedicated to action than creepy atmosphere and dread. It's famous partly because it reinvigorated the series, so to speak, after people got tired of having to think and shit.

Also, you must not play many games if that's the best game you've ever played. Fallout, hell-OOO?