Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Started by MacGuffin, February 17, 2003, 02:42:48 AM

72teeth

besides le'boof, im really liking this cast...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

bonanzataz

"here's lookin' at you, kids..."

hahaha, spielberg is such a dork.
looks like classic indy fun there. they haven't shot the shia labeouf stuff yet, have they? cuz, i mean, there's still time for rewrites.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Ford Can Still Fit Into Indy's Trousers

He may be 65, but Harrison Ford still fits into Indiana Jones' tight trousers.

Many fans are curious to see if, 18 years after "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade," Ford can live up to the physical rigors of the globe-trotting archaeologist in the long-awaited fourth installment of the epic series. The actor's 65th birthday was Friday.

Producers of the adventure, currently being filmed on Hawaii's Big Island, say there's no need to worry. Ford is as fit as ever.

"I have to say, he looks amazing," said Kathleen Kennedy, the film's co-executive producer, along with George Lucas. "He looks fantastic in the outfit."

Actually, Ford knew the hat would still fit but wondered if he could still squeeze into the pants. He did.

The action star, who first introduced the fedora-wearing, bullwhip-cracking Indiana Jones in the 1981 classic "Raiders of the Lost Ark," is actually doing many of his own stunts in the latest film.

"He's doing them, he just has a few more ice packs and a few more massages," Kennedy said.

"And a lot of Celebrex," producer Frank Marshall added.

The movie just completed the first of three weeks of filming in Hawaii, after spending a week each in New Mexico and Connecticut. The lush areas surrounding Hilo are filling in as a South American rain forest.

Lucas and director Steven Spielberg have not released the title of the film, scheduled for release May 22, 2008.

The filming has created a buzz on this normally sleepy island, known for macadamia nuts and premium Kona coffee. It's the most action since nearby Kilauea volcano rumbled to life in 1983.

The film's biggest action sequences are being filmed in Hawaii. Marshall compared one scene to the thrilling, white-knuckled truck chase in the desert in "Raiders."

"It's that level," he said.

Hawaii will be featured in about 20 percent of the film. About half will be from sets in Los Angeles. The Aloha State was also the backdrop for portions of "Raiders of the Lost Ark."

Ford, Lucas, Spielberg, Kennedy and Marshall all worked together on the first three films, so this latest is a homecoming of sorts.

"We're having a great time. It's so much fun being together," said Marshall, who has produced more than 50 films, including "Poltergeist," "Gremlins," "The Goonies," "The Color Purple," "Back to the Future" trilogy, "The Sixth Sense" and the "Bourne" trilogy.

"Nobody's worried about their careers any more," he said.

The latest Indy adventure is set in the 1950s and, in addition to Ford, stars Shia LaBeouf, Cate Blanchett, Ray Winstone and Jim Broadbent. One popular character not in the lineup is Sean Connery, who played Indy's father.

"We would've loved to have Sean do a cameo-type part in this but he's very much enjoying retirement," Kennedy said.

She promised movie fans, who have patiently waited since the 1989 "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade," would get the same level of excitement as the previous three films.

"The cleverness, the humor and the tone of Indiana Jones is very much alive and well in this movie," Kennedy said.

The producers are being very tightlipped about the movie, and the remote sets are well guarded, leading to rampant rumors on blogs and chat sites.

It took some time to get to the fourth film, partly because of the schedules of Spielberg, Lucas and Ford. Plus, they knew they had to deliver another hit.

"The bar was pretty high," Kennedy said.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Many More Indy Adventures on Their Way!       
Source: IESB

There have been rumors flying left and right about the new Indiana Jones adventure from the title to the plot.

But what about it's future? The IESB got some really interesting information today from very well respected Paramount studio source that we thought we would share.

Shia LaBeouf, a break out star this year with a few small films under his belt like Disturbia, Surf's Up and Transformers, has signed a four picture deal as the archeologist's offspring. That's right, he has signed on for 3 more Indiana Jones movies after this one!

Does this mean Harrison Ford is done with this franchise after this film? Apparently not! He signed a three picture deal, his final stint as the whip wielding adventurer will be a trilogy. This means they better crank out these films pretty quickly before it becomes Indiana Jones and the Hunt for His Prune Juice. He is getting on in years after all.

How solid is this intel? Not to be cheesy, but solid as a rock!

Now, I know everyone is very anxious about the current production and you are saying to yourself, but guys, don't you have any information on this one? As a matter of fact we do...not much, but it's something (if you get that Star Wars quote then you are a geek).

The aliens are being referred to as "the gods." We know Area 51 is making an appearance in the film so aliens must be abound, but in any case, the aliens are being referred to a "gods." Hence, further indication that the working title of Indiana Jones and the City of the Gods could be accurate after all. There you go, your bone for the day.

Stay tuned for further updates from the IESB!

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Allen Confirmed In Indy 4
Source: SciFi Wire

Steven Spielberg, who is directing the upcoming fourth Indiana Jones movie, revealed that Karen Allen will reprise the role of Marion Ravenwood in the movie via a live video remote appearance at Comic-Con International in San Diego on July 26.

"It's great to be on the set of this next Indiana Jones," a beaming Allen said via video conference from Hawaii, where the movie is shooting. "Comic-Con is getting the first peek at us all together as a ... family."

Joining Spielberg and Allen were Harrison Ford in costume as Indy, Shia LaBeouf as Indy's sidekick and co-star Ray Winstone.

Spielberg said that the film has already completed 25 days of shooting. "This picture, I promise I'm making for you guys and girls," Spielberg said.

Ford added: "It's a great pleasure to be back with Steven in ... the sweaty, dirty clothes that Indy always wears ... and to be making a dynamite movie."

Ravenwood's character was first introduced in the original Indy film Raiders of the Lost Ark. The fourth Indiana Jones movie opens Memorial Day 2008.

Skeleton FilmWorks

edison

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Shia looked like a greaser.

Better watch out for those soc's.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Indy IV Video Update!
Spielberg and the gang on reuniting the family.

The Official Indiana Jones Site has been updated with a new video segment for Indiana Jones IV. The piece, titled "Reuniting the Family," includes new interviews with director Steven Spielberg, star Harrison Ford, creator-exec producer George Lucas and producers Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Indiana Jones Returns! If It's Got A Press Kit, It Must Be Real
Source: MTV

It takes so little to make me happy really. Write the words "Indiana Jones Returns!" for instance on a press kit that reveals absolutely nothing new and I'm still as giddy as Mola Ram after he's pulled a heart out of a Thuggee follower.

This morning we did in fact receive a new press kit hyping the return of Indiana Jones next summer. Nope, there's no title that's been revealed. No new photos of Shia or Cate Blanchett in character. Really, not much of anything besides some a spiffy illustration of Dr. Jones on horseback, the aforementioned "Indiana Jones Returns!" announcement on the backcover, and a few puzzles and trivia questions. What do you want anyway? The movie is still eight months away!

Check out the Indy press kit cover and back. Hold on to your potatoes!

Skeleton FilmWorks