House of the Dead

Started by TheVoiceOfNick, October 07, 2003, 11:23:45 AM

TheVoiceOfNick

Ok, so this is written and directed by the freaks that did The Specials and Free Enterprise (both of which I loved, by the way)... I haven't heard to much about this, but i'd go see it just because of the writer/producers track record (quirky sci-fi goodness)... anyone have any thoughts on this movie?

Nick

edison

yall gon make me lose my mind
up in here
up in here

modage

Quote from: EEz28yall gon make me lose my mind
up in here
up in here

exactly.  i nominate this as the worst tv spot of the year.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Banky

Ghostboy

According to multiple reviews over at AICN (do a search, they're pretty funny), this is not only one of the worst movies of the year but in fact one of the worst movies of all time. Apparently, that's not hyperbole either. I have no interest in seeing it.

Banky

Sleuth

I'm not ever going to spend money to see it, and that's all I'll say about that
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

do you like the song "unchained melody"?

markums2k

The summary at IMDB starts off: "A group of teens arrive..."

Stop me if you've already heard this one.  :roll:

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: EEz28yall gon make me lose my mind
up in here
up in here

exactly.  i nominate this as the worst tv spot of the year.
\

Did you ever see that one PDl TV spot where it made it look like a comedy?  I was angered...

Voice: "This is Barry, he has emotional problems"
(Shows the secene where Barry says to the dentist) "Sometimes I cry a lot...for no reason...I don't like myself" (then some weird sound effect and then it skips to) "Barry...I'm a dentist"

There was more to it, but that's all I can really recall at the moment...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

bonanzataz

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoob
Did you ever see that one PDl TV spot where it made it look like a comedy?  

wasn't it?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Well, it made it look like an Adam Sandler Laugh Out Loud Will Have You In Stitches Hit Of The Summer kind of thing to me.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

markums2k

They should have done a PDL spot with Barry dancing in the grocery store and then put "Up in Here" in the background.  "It's a non-stop hip-hop hilarity romp!"  Also, quick snips of the car wrecks.  "It's Cradle 2 the Grave meets The Wedding Singer!"

Pedro

Quote from: markums2kThey should have done a PDL spot with Barry dancing in the grocery store and then put "Up in Here" in the background.  "It's a non-stop hip-hop hilarity romp!"  Also, quick snips of the car wrecks.  "It's Cradle 2 the Grave meets The Wedding Singer!"
:yabbse-grin:

cine

this trailer is so horrid (not in a good way) and reminded me that i hate most to all movies where teens have to kill and escape from dead people...