The Rundown

Started by Banky, September 24, 2003, 09:19:41 PM

Banky

this movie looks pretty damn cool and is getting very good reviews.  Im gonna catch the sneak preview this weekend.

Finn

looks really cool, I love Rosario Dawson.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

metroshane

Yeah, I'm totatlly psyched.  I haven't watched a single wrestling match since Rocky (whatever)...but I love the Rock for some reason.  

And SWS is totally cut (in a non-gay way)...he looks as big as the rock!
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

pete

it looks like kangaroo christopher walken.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

cine

Apparently he does a monologue about the tooth fairy in the film. Ebert speculated that maybe Walken is worth the price of admission no matter what movie. I'd like to say that he IS. No possibly's or maybe's. This looks like a good popcorn flick.

Ravi

We should call this thread, "Cream Your Pants Over The Rundown" because the critics quoted in the ads make it sound like the best damn movie ever made or something.

Raikus

I've been waiting for a movie like this for a while (if the reviews are to be believed). A fun action/comedy that doesn't take itself seriously. Whoever compiled the preview did a great job of getting that feeling across. I still chuckle at the "Establish Dominance!" line every time I hear it.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Ravi

Quote from: RaikusI've been waiting for a movie like this for a while (if the reviews are to be believed). A fun action/comedy that doesn't take itself seriously. Whoever compiled the preview did a great job of getting that feeling across. I still chuckle at the "Establish Dominance!" line every time I hear it.

Christopher Walken is a guarantee of a good time.

Raikus

I wouldn't go that far.

Unless you're willing to stick your neck out for Gigli.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Ravi

Quote from: RaikusI wouldn't go that far.

Unless you're willing to stick your neck out for Gigli.

I said what I said.

Raikus

Fine.

You dirty Gigli lover.

Ravi

I saw this last night.  It's nothing special, but the action sequences are pretty good and the comedy usually works.

oakmanc234

The biggest reason I wanna see this is cause of director Peter Berg, his 'Very Bad Things' rocked.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

cine

Saw this last night. It was a very enjoyable action movie, which really heated up for me when the Rock and Scott meet. Walken is really funny in his role.. the comedy is a lot smarter than typical action comedies. When Walken laughs with his crew to the Rock over option A or B, the cut quick to turn on the intercom had me laughing my ass off. This is HUGE step up for Peter Berg.. he's really skilled with how he holds his camera to set up comedy. Everybody should see this movie as the trailers are misleading in making it look much goofier than it really is.

Edit: If this thread was to be renamed it should be "Cream Your Pants Over The Rock" because while critics are making it seem like its the best thing since sliced bread, the movie is just sucking the Rock's cock for how great he is.. so you can look at the film as a fun action film, or Rock propaganda (or Rockaganda)... critics are nuts over him too.

Finn

I just came back from it, really good movie. The Rock is turning into a good actor.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."