Punch Drunk Adaptation of a Dangerous Mind

Started by zerocool41, January 31, 2003, 10:56:51 PM

zerocool41

Punch drunk Vs. Adaptation

In my humble opinion, these are the best movies of 2002.

Which is better? Why?  

Personally, they both left me in awe of great writing.  The acting, perfect.  I can't decide which is better.  I just can't.. I'll let you all fight it out.
I'm going to lay down a monster hand here.

Cecil

punch drunk, duh. i only thought adaptation was so-so.

BonBon85

PDL. This will sound cheesy, but it was more real and emotional. Adaptation, despite being one of the best films I've seen this year, border lined on gimmicky at times.

Duck Sauce

Sorry guys but I have to go with Adaptation.

GodDamnImDaMan

Quote from: cecil b. dementedpunch drunk, duh. i only thought adaptation was so-so.

oh really? U do? do you really?

That's interesting...
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Newtron

Quote from: Duck SauceSorry guys but I have to go with Adaptation.

GodDamnImDaMan

polkablues

I might be swayed by the fact that I just saw "Adaptation" today and that I had a splitting headache when I saw "Punch-Drunk Love", but I've got to give the edge here to "Adaptation".  Brilliant stuff.
My house, my rules, my coffee

GodDamnImDaMan

Polkablues, ignores the fact there is a dog having sex with a cat, and a big fat sasuage infront of an old women....gotta love that

polkablues

Quote from: God Damn Im Da ManPolkablues, ignores the fact there is a dog having sex with a cat, and a big fat sasuage infront of an old women....gotta love that

That's what the zen masters call "focus".  Or that might be a request of some sort.  They have accents.
My house, my rules, my coffee

life_boy

Quote from: God Damn Im Da Man

Respect the cock, indeed.

Recce

Although I thoroughly enjoyed both Adaptation and Punch-Drunk Love, I have to give Adaptation the prize.
I can honestly say it had one of the best crafted stories I have ever seen. It's like an onion with layer upon layer. If you pay attention, you're satisfied on so many different levels (and not in a sexual way, for all you pervs). Plus, Nicholas Cage was amazing as Charlie Kauffman. Sandler was good, but Cage was amazing. Punch-Drunk Love did have better cinematography, though.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

Duck Sauce

Quote from: ReccePlus, Nicholas Cage was amazing as Charlie Kauffman. Sandler was good, but Cage was amazing.

I thought Cooper and Streep were best.

RegularKarate

Cage in Adaptation rather than Sandler in PDL?  No fuckin' way... sorry ... nope.

Loved Adaptation... great fuckin' movie, but Sandler was just... sorry... Cage made some slight redemption with Adaptation, but nothing to what Sandler had goin' on.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: RegularKarateCage in Adaptation rather than Sandler in PDL?  No fuckin' way... sorry ... nope.

Loved Adaptation... great fuckin' movie, but Sandler was just... sorry... Cage made some slight redemption with Adaptation, but nothing to what Sandler had goin' on.

I agree, Adam blows Cage's performace out of the water.