Prozac Nation

Started by rustinglass, August 21, 2003, 06:05:07 PM

rustinglass

I just got back from watching this.
First: I must say Christina Ricci is hot and she has great breasts.
I had no idea Jason Biggs could act like this, I was really surprised, he was better than her (but his role was a tad simpler).
I was a bit disappointed.A few jokes, annoying narration, the whole thing just seemed repetitive and pointless. But it had nice music and Lou Reed is in there too.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

A Matter Of Chance

Damn, that's all good news. I don't think it's playing around here, though.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: rustinglassI just got back from watching this.
First: I must say Christina Ricci is hot and she has great breasts.
I had no idea Jason Biggs could act like this, I was really surprised, he was better than her (but his role was a tad simpler).
I was a bit disappointed.A few jokes, annoying narration, the whole thing just seemed repetitive and pointless. But it had nice music and Lou Reed is in there too.

this film will never see the light of day for two reasons, its a low key art film i wont use the word indie because i think its mis used

and two elizabeth wurtzel said some dumb things about how sept 11 was more or less a pain in the ass, because she lived in new york and her week was  inconvienced

but the clip of the breasts is all over the internet so , i guess not all is lost

except poor lizzie couldnt go to starbucks on sept 12  :cry:

NEON MERCURY

so i guesss this sucked?????

Weak2ndAct

I saw this movie.  It was absolute fucking garbage, top to bottom.  First off, the movie's been hacked to pieces in a Miramax-let's-keep-it-short-and-dump-it way.  Characters pop in and out randomnly, and I know some actors didn't do it for 1 or 2 truncated scenes.  The Ricci nudity is a cop-out if that's all you're seeing for.  It's one scene and she's sitting at the end of a bed.  Whoopee.  For my money, she was a lot hotter when she had some junk in the trunk (see Buffalo '66).  
But the worst thing about the movie is how big of a whiny c*** Ricci is.  Her character is not sympathetic on the slighetest level.  She wreaks havoc in the lives of everyone around her and has nuclear mood swings b/c she can't write and is upset her daddy left.  Boo fucking hoo.  
The direction is blah, nothing interesting-- I'm still trying to figure out how you go from 'Insomnia' to this.  Sigh.  
There's a reason this movie hasn't been released.  It's totally, utterly worthless.  Avoid it all costs (and if you must see the nudity, it is floating around the 'net).

rustinglass

I'm sorry for Jason Biggs (and his character-what a bitch). When he finally does something good...it's in a bad film.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

MacGuffin

Bitter Pill
The troubled Prozac Nation debuts - on TV.
Source: Entertainment Weekly

Cheer up, Elizabeth Wurtzel! The adapation of your 1994 best-selling depression memoir, Prozac Nation, will finally see the light of day...just not at the multiplex. After sitting on the shelf for more than four years (blame rumored porr test screening scores), Miramax's $9 million movie will debut next month on cable net Starz! "It's a good film," maintains Starz! senior VP of programming Stephan Shelanski, who nonetheless notes that Prozac's "difficult" subject matter (with Christina Ricci as the pill popping Wurtzel and Jessica Lange as her manipulative mom) "may have had a hard time attracting people to theaters." And he's done the math: "Starz! is in 15 million homes, so if the movie reaches 20 percent of our viewers, that's 3 million right there." Miramax, which plans to release Nation on DVD eventually, called the reported $900,000 deal "a great way for a larger audience to see the film." Funny: We call it cutting your losses.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks