Script format,printing,cover??

Started by prophet, July 14, 2003, 04:08:13 PM

prophet

Anyone know a site that has information on the right way to format, print, and brind or whatever else you do to a finished script?
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Raikus

Well, if you really want to get agents to read it, use a combination of the following for your cover page:

and
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

mindfuck

1) Make sure the proper screenplay format is used throughout.
2) Print on paper that has been three-hole-punched or just punch your printed screenplay afterwards.
3) Bind the pages together with those little brass "brads".
4) Make sure you don't do any of the following: http://www.oscars.org/nicholl/format.html

prophet

x100

is there some kind of script writing program that formats what you are writing?
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Raikus

Most of them do. Final Draft is your best bet though. It's pretty much a standard in screenwriting format.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

TheVoiceOfNick

I'd say get Final Draft... it will be your best friend! You will never be able to go back to a word processor...

Go here to buy it and get other supplies:

http://www.writersstore.com/

Nick

prophet

Ghostboy

I use Movie Magic Screenwriter...I'm not entirely sure what the difference between the programs are, other than that MMS is a little cheaper. But anyway, yeah, once you get it, you won't remember how you ever wrote scripts in Word. All of your formatting issues will be taken care of. Also, if you're a student, you can get it for less through your school.

For some reason, all the screenwriting books I've ever seen have said that the correct binding method is to use three-hole paper, but only use two brads to fasten it. I don't understand, but that's what I've always done.

prophet

MacGuffin

Quote from: prophethow many page is 60 minutes?

The general thinking is that one page equals one minute of screen time.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

prophet

prophet

is it ok to use camera direction if you are going to be directing this movie?

picolas

Quote from: prophetis it ok to use camera direction if you are going to be directing this movie?
PTA seems to.. not sure about whether it's technically right, though..

prophet

Pubrick

under the paving stones.