Your Cheatin Heart

Started by modage, July 10, 2003, 09:31:44 PM

modage

just watched phonebooth which sort of had a DONT CHEAT! moral, and kind of jarred the thought.  hmmm....what are some of the most heartwrenching movies that deal with infidelity (or near infidelity), and its terrible aftermath?  a few that come to mind...

-TWO FOR THE ROAD
-EYES WIDE  SHUT
-MOULIN ROUGE
-HIGH FIDELITY
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

BonBon85

Basic Instinct is probably the ultimate example of this topic.
Some others:
The Ice Storm
What Lies Beneath
Jules and Jim
A bunch of Woody Allen movies

bonanzataz

how dare we not mention fatal attraction from the get go!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

BonBon85

I'm really losing it lately, I meant to say Fatal Attraction not Basic Instinct. Damn Michael Douglas and his penchant for infidelity movies. Add A Perfect Murder to the list.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Alethia

Quote from: MacGuffinUnfaithful

yeah but did anyone actually find that movie worthwhile?

i woulda turned it off had i not had a giant crush on diane lane.

actually i dont turn movies off if i havent seen them in there entirety before, cuz thats just wrong.  

but i've really wanted to a bunch of times!

phil marlowe

valmont and funny noone mentions magnolia.

chainsmoking insomniac

I think no one mentioned Magnolia because infidelity is only one theme of the movie.  The film doesn't revolve around it.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

phil marlowe

Quote from: Ghoulardi GoonI think no one mentioned Magnolia because infidelity is only one theme of the movie.  The film doesn't revolve around it.
who said it should be the main theme? alot of the titles mentioned do not fit that description.

chainsmoking insomniac

Well, a majority of them do.  Moulin Rouge (and maybe even the Ice Storm--but then maybe not) I would take exception to as having a main infidelity theme, but the rest do revolve around it.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

chainsmoking insomniac

--Morgan Freeman, Se7en

TheVoiceOfNick

I don't know why this popped into my head, but "Rudy"... "Vanilla Sky"

Nick

MacGuffin

Quote from: eward
Quote from: MacGuffinUnfaithful

yeah but did anyone actually find that movie worthwhile?

Yes we did:
http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=883
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks