HULK

Started by modage, June 20, 2003, 02:34:09 AM

modage

Quote from: Derek237 on April 30, 2006, 01:24:02 PM
That said, would anyone mind telling me how it ended?
jennifer connelly goes to hulks parents house, holds and smells hulks old shirt and walks off into the sunset.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

mogwai

Quote from: modage on May 02, 2006, 12:56:40 PM
Quote from: Derek237 on April 30, 2006, 01:24:02 PM
That said, would anyone mind telling me how it ended?
jennifer connelly goes to hulks parents house, holds and smells hulks old shirt and walks off into the sunset.
and the hulk goes bananas with some locals in a south american village, somewhere deep in the woods. sort of.

Derek237

Thank you and goodnight.

modage

hourlong audio interview with Ang Lee & James Schamus from the Museum Of The Moving Image around the release of Hulk...

Ang Lee + James Schamus - June 7, 2003

Ang Lee emigrated from Taiwan to America to make films. He has worked in a wide range of genres, moving fluidly between arthouse and mainstream filmmaking. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was the most successful foreign-language film ever released in the United States, and Brokeback Mountain earned Lee an Academy Award for Best Director. One of the keys to Lee's accomplishments is his creative partnership with James Schamus, president of Focus Features, who has co-written and/or co-produced all of Lee's films. Lee and Schamus spoke at the Museum before the release of their live-action comic-book blockbuster The Hulk.

http://www.movingimage.us/pinewood/mp3.php?media_id=240
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

I was at this with mod.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

i didnt go to this one.  only the Gilliam (and the B&N Lynch).  but thats awesome!  what were you doing in NY?

MacGuffin

*<----------------------------------- mac's joke

*<------------------------------------ mod's head
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

i still don't get it.

Pubrick

he's saying you dont get head.
under the paving stones.

Fernando

^^^ rofl to that joke

From an av club article.

For your consideration.

Hulk

Why? Detractors weren't wrong when they assessed Ang Lee's foray into the realm of big-budget superhero movies as ponderous, slow, atmospheric at the expense of action, and more in love with its cineastic allusions to Alfred Hitchcock (via shots of golden San Francisco and a quasi-Bernard Herrmann score) than with its source material in old comic books. The objectors were wrong, however, when they wrote off such attributes as liabilities. Hulk's moody pacing has helped to sustain and bear out the film's mysteries over time, and even its most indulgent scenes—many marked by the conspicuous absence of a certain green character with big muscles and bad shorts—answer to a special kind of ambition.

Why now? Numerous other superhero films have hewed toward the dark and psychological in recent years, but none has made as grand a game of retooling traditional action-movie arcs and narrative ticks. Have we reached a point yet when what we really want is for Hollywood to be more explosive and less experimental?

How it might come back: Repeat viewings offer rewarding formalist games and psychedelic visuals—none of which are drawbacks late at night.

I'm only posting this because im in the 'I didnt care for it' bandwagon and I've always been curious what did I miss that others didn't, since the ppl who liked this I usually agree, the thing that bothered me most was the fight with the oversized dogs (not sure if they were dogs); a second viewing is on the way.