The American Astronaut

Started by Satcho9, May 26, 2003, 05:06:32 PM

Satcho9

Anyone catch this flick? It played at alot of festivals last year, I am interested to see what its all about...

http://www.americanastronaut.com

Ghostboy

Oh man, this movie is AWESOME! It's one of the best true independent films I've seen in the past few years -- I can't wait for it to get released on DVD (if it ever does). Seek it out wherever you can...it's worth it.

My original review: www.road-dog-productions.com/americanastronaut.html

Satcho9

Ghostboy, great review, now i cant wait to see it, Its a damn shame it will probably never come out on DVD.

russiasusha

They play it something like 3 times a semester here at the film series here at CU.  It's just amazing.  

The last time I went, they had a costume and dance contest before the movie.  The details are fuzzy now, just remember it being hilarious.  This guy who must of been 70 won the dancing contest.

I'd consider it prob one of the best independent films i have ever seen.  funny as hell...
Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

Finn

I saw this back at the Crossroads Film Festival this year. It was pretty good overall. There are several moments I laughed really, really hard. I was almost hurting from the pain of laughing. But I think the story starts to run out of steam by the end.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: jasper_windowAnyone live in NYC?

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=17648

Wish I could make it to this.  I saw it a couple of years ago and this is still the all-time champ for most walk-outs I've seen in one screening.  Of a group of maybe 40+, about 15-20 walked out within the first 45 minutes, at least half of them during that one scene when the guy is dancing in the piles of freshly disintegrated people.  Classic.