WILD BILL!!!

Started by GodDamnImDaMan, January 17, 2003, 02:43:15 AM

GodDamnImDaMan

Harry Terwilliger: Can you believe this? The son of a bitch pissed on me!

William 'Wild Bill' Wharton: Y'all like that? I'm currently cooking up some turds, to go with it. Nice supply. Uhhh! Have'em out to y'all tomorrow.

"UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

bonanzataz

PSSSSSSH. Green Mile sucked.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

GodDamnImDaMan

Green mile did suck,

Although there were things that made me love the movie overall...

For instance while watching the trailer, you could see Tom Hanks face looking up to the sky...Little did I know in the movie he had that face reaction because a big black man was grabbing his nutts...

Second off, Wild Bill! WILD F'N BILL!!!! This guy WAS the movie!!!! Peeing on people, and throwing shit at people...

It was truely beautiful...

This one's for you wild bill.... ::creams pants::

Xixax

OK, I am starting to worry about you film snobs.

How do you decide what sucks? A movie is automatically written off because it comes from a major studio, or stars Tom Hanks?

Unfair.

Green Mile kicked ass.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

bonanzataz

I LOVE Tom Hanks. Forrest Gump is one of my favorite movies and I don't care if people call me a sap. I was just a big fan of the book and I had the characters set in my mind. There was a WHOLE lot of bad casting in this movie. Hanks should NOT have been in it. The only good casting I think came from the guy that was Coffey and MAYBE the guy that played Wild Bill. I just thought everything was more vivid in the book and with good direction and casting it could have been great.

I hate now that when any book is remotely good or had any amount of success they automatically HAVE to make a movie out of it. Leave it alone! Stop making movies out of good books and destroying them! This is for every single Stephen King movie I had to sit through other than Kubrick's Shining, Misery (which I only like for Kathy Bates and Kathy Bates only, the rest is shit), Shawshank, and Carrie.

I guess there were a lot of good King movies, but there was a lot of crap. IT, the new Shining, Sleepwalkers, the Langoliers.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Remember this?

Switching to his main topic-negative media images of African Americans, Spike Lee asserted that not much has changed over the years. Lee criticized several recent films, including "Nigger [Bagger] Vance," The Green Mile, and The Patriot, for portraying black men as "magical, mystical males." The films, he noted, show the men using their powers only to help whites.

"Will Smith has this magical, mystical presence," says Lee of Bagger Vance. "He waltzes out of the mist like he's Tiger Woods or something." Why would the Smith character even care about teaching a white man a golf swing? he wondered.

In The Green Mile a black prisoner magically cures jailer Tom Hanks of "some urinary disease or something," Lee said. The director wonders, "If he can cure Tom Hanks of his urinary infection, why can't he focus on the door with his mind and say, 'These doors must open!'" Lee further drubs the film for its "grateful slave" image when, upon his release, the prisoner rejects freedom. "Well, Mr. Tom Hanks," Lee parodies, imitating the stereotype of a shuffling slave, "I's so tired of running, I'd rather stay with you!" Similarly, a slave in The Patriot refuses freedom in exchange for helping to defeat the British. Again, Lee mim-icked, "Well, Mr. Mel Gibson, I'd rather stay here and help you build your house!"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Xixax

Bah. Spike is one of those Jesse Jackson "the world owes me" types.

There's no more room in this world for black to white racism than there is for white to black racism. Eat ass, homeboyz.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

MacGuffin

AICN was lucky enough to get this piece of news emailed to them this morning, from none other than writer/director Frank Darabont himself. Darabont says that there are apparent plans in the making to see that SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION is put back on the big screen come early 2004, just in time for its 10th anniversary. Darabont also said some cool stuff about the subsequent DVD release as well. Here what Frank had to say:

Hey Evil Genius,

Some fun Shawshank news, which you're welcome to post if you'd like. My suggestion to Warners that we do a Ten Year Anniversary theatrical re-release of Shawshank Redemption has met with enthusiasm. Plans are afoot for a Jan or Feb 2004 re-release in either L.A. or N.Y (maybe both, which is what I'm hoping), followed by a roll-out in key cities nationwide if the L.A./N.Y boxoffice results indicate public interest. If not, we'd obviously fold our tents quietly after L.A./N.Y., as there's no point rolling out if people ain't showing up. Hopefully they will, though. I'm very excited about the possibility of folks getting to see this movie on the big screen as was intended (so few did), rather than the dubbed-for-language-and-chopped-up-for-commercials Turner version. Aside from making sure the negative hasn't deteriorated, we'll be doing a re-mastering of our sound to current digital standards (the film was originally mixed in Dolby A, which a tad old-fashioned even then). No, there will be no additional scenes or re-editing, since I was lucky enough to be able to release my director's cut the first time around, thanks to Castle Rock. (Besides, I've always had mixed-to-negative feelings about films being mucked around with years after the fact.)

Beyond that, I'll also be doing a Ten Year Anniversary Special Edition DVD for release later in 2004 (before Christmas). The set will include some fabulous documentaries (one of which was superbly done by a company called Noblesgate for Channel 4 in England), as well as a CD of Tom Newman's score. Very exciting stuff.

And, yes...I'm finally gonna break down and do director's commentary.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Finally, a good Shawshank DVD!

Duck Sauce

Spike Lee needs to ease off his racism hunt. Its there, but dont show it where its not.

life_boy

1. I agree with Duck Sauce.  

2. I'm pumped about that Shawshank DVD and rerelease.  That's awesome.

©brad

Quote from: Duck SauceSpike Lee needs to ease off his racism hunt. Its there, but dont show it where its not.

No man, Lee is right here. You see a repeating cycle of racism in films that is perhaps more camoflaughed in movies today than it was in, say, A Birth of a Nation, but it's still there.
I'm a white, 21- year old spoiled daddy's boy. Who am I to say that this is racist and this is not? All I know is that racism still very much exists, ESP. in the south where I live. People just don't talk about it in public.

He's right about the Green Mile. It makes sense- if you have magic powers, break open that jail cell and get your black ass out of there.

RegularKarate

Well, I don't agree that Green Mile is racist.  The story was writen by Stephen King and I just don't see him as racist.  Maybe Durabont is, but I just don't think King is.

John Coffey is a martyr character.  His initials are J.C. for Christ's sake (sorry for the pun, it just happened).  He doesn't care about hisself.  Besides... he has the power to heal people... I never saw him blow anything up.  I don't know if he could really bust out.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: RegularKarateCoffey is a martyr character.  His initials are J.C. for Christ's sake (sorry for the pun, it just happened).  He doesn't care about hisself.  Besides... he has the power to heal people... I never saw him blow anything up.  I don't know if he could really bust out.

I think Spike's criticism is a different version of a lot of feminist criticism... i.e. seeing someone as mystical and mysterious but not recognizing them as equally human. Maybe there's something to it, but I think any kind of racism in The Green Mile is less intentional and more just a product of mainstream society.

GodDamnImDaMan

I think u guys forgot the subject of this board.......
IT was this bad, naughty, tantalizing man right here!