freddy vs jason

Started by underdog, May 16, 2003, 06:24:01 PM

NEON MERCURY

..this film was just plain fun(ny)..i enjoyed it ..the jason mewes character was bad ..thats the second film where they ripped of a character to a T...first was J. Davies as brad pitt's character from 12 monkeys.. and now this..but this is all just me.. i liked this film its funnnnnnnn

SHAFTR

I absolutely loved this film.  It is far from being the best movie I have seen all year but it is the most fun.  I have already seen it twice and I plan on going a third time.  If you haven't seen it...go to it for a good time.

PS> in case anyone has been wondering where I have been...I have moved to a different apartment and am currently without internet until Sept 2.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Banky

i wish people would go see it this weekend to support the franchise.  Studios really look at second week #'s as a test of longevity.  I also heard in an iterview that Robert Englund has a preqeul to nightmare one that he wants to do.

Raikus

I finally saw this last night. Much better than I anticipated. And a horror movie with some semblance of a plot.  :shock:  Great gore, played the characters off each other perfectly. Great ending.

One question though (SPOILER) if Freddy did kill the girl's mother instead of the Dad, why did Ryan see the Father killing her? Freddy only can control things in dreams, so Ryan would have to be dreaming to see the wrong thing, right? I know I'm trying to insert logic into a horror movie, but is there something I'm missing here?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Banky

Quote from: RaikusI finally saw this last night. Much better than I anticipated. And a horror movie with some semblance of a plot.  :shock:  Great gore, played the characters off each other perfectly. Great ending.

One question though (SPOILER) if Freddy did kill the girl's mother instead of the Dad, why did Ryan see the Father killing her? Freddy only can control things in dreams, so Ryan would have to be dreaming to see the wrong thing, right? I know I'm trying to insert logic into a horror movie, but is there something I'm missing here?

no the dad was in a dream state and could see Freddy.  So when Ryan saw what was happeing in the real world all he saw was the dad(sleep walking)over top the bloody wife holding a knife.

get it?

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Raikus... insert logic into a horror movie...

never do this and most if  not all horror films are pure bliss.................

modage

Quote from: NEON MERCURY

well, actually the same could be said of any genre of film that you like but really doesnt make any sense.  roger ebert througout the whole casablanca commentary just rips apart how illogical the whole story is in the first place.  but its still a great movie.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: NEON MERCURY

well, actually the same could be said of any genre of film that you like but really doesnt make any sense.  roger ebert througout the whole casablanca commentary just rips apart how illogical the whole story is in the first place.  but its still a great movie.

.true but the context of the horror film is different..like as soon as Raikus wrote that  i knew what he meant ..but on the flipside i see what you mean also...but hooro films seem to have the most illogical elements in them dontcha think?

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: themodernage02no.

alright this is what i am saying.....::clears throat::

you can find illogical facets in ANY FILM..it's just that horror films seem  to  contain more of these illogical facets...

HERE IS A QUIZ..(reply w/quote the most ilogical of the two)

1.0  elm street 1 vs.  casablanca
2.0  jason x vs  in the name of my father
3.0  pumpkinhead vs dazed and confused
4.0  ghoulies 2 vs  hard eight
5.0  toxic avenger vs.  in the bedroom
6.0  bride of chucky vs saving private ryan
7.0  attack of the killer tomatos vs  you can count on me

A Fire Inside

Freddy Vs. Jason is the funniest damn movie I've ever seen.  I'm the best example of a desensitised youth.  It was great there was so much blood and gore and my friends and I are busting up laughing through the whole movie!

PS.  Great handle BANKY!
If life gives you babies, make baby-aid

MacGuffin

Freddy vs. Jason DVD on January 13?
Source: Bloody-Disgusting

Bloody-Disgusting reports that the Freddy vs. Jason DVD will be available on January 13:

The movie debuts January 13, 2004 on VHS and DVD, or, to be more specific, a two-disc Platinum Series release. This package will include audio commentaries, deleted/alternate scenes, documentaries including featurettes on the visual FX and stunts/fights, music videos and more.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

horrorchick76

Ok i have seen the movie.. and i just sat there a laughed! .. i mean yea SOME parts were scary.. but thats just it.. SOME.. the rest was just flat out funny! u need to go see it..
Haley :twisted:  :shock:  :-D
poo

coffeebeetle

Quote from: Bankyagree with that.  I think this is one of the top 3 most entertaining movies of the summer

nice choice for the lead

We see her in some gratuitous sex act? "Man, that's all there is too it--I'm fuckin goin."
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)