freddy vs jason

Started by underdog, May 16, 2003, 06:24:01 PM

Banky

all i know is they better not bring Michael Myers into any of these "VS" movies.  He is the only one that has not gone all supernatural.  

I dont care how good this movie is it better have nudity.  I swear it should be slam loaded with it.(although i know it wont be)  If there are no titties i will honestly feel cheated.

pete

this is the same ronny yu who did bride with white hair (and yeah, warriors of virtue) I think it's gonna be good.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Banky

Derek237

Yes, Ronny Yu has done it right! There is hope!

Banky

i was referring to the hope that there will be nudity

Derek237

filmcritic

I can't believe we're even talking about this movie. We're all better than this.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

MacGuffin

Quote from: filmcriticI can't believe we're even talking about this movie. We're all better than this.

Why do you feel this movie is beneath this board's standards, "Gigli" watcher?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

filmcritic

"Gigli" was another one nobody should have brought up. As I've said before, I'm suppose to see stuff like this. I have no choice. But ya'll do!
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

MacGuffin

Have you seen it yet? If not, aren't you supposed to be unbiased as a film critic?

A lot of us here are fans of horror and the Freddy and Jason movies and have been waiting for this based on a good looking trailer. I know I'm choosing to see it this weekend. If you're not excited about seeing it, fine, that's the way you feel and no one's arguing that. I just think that to say that a film is beneath all of us and not worth talking about goes against what this board is all about.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

filmcritic

Yeah, I've seen it. And if you are fans of the Freddy and Jason movies, you may like it. Otherwise, you'll be either disgusted or it'll make you laugh.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

phil marlowe

maybe filmcritic is in reality brett ratner trying to be atrsy and therefor he hangs around messageboards, denying his mainstream side and trusting blindly on eberts revies. rock on ratner, one you'll be another person.

filmcritic

I'm no putting any emphasis on Ebert. There are some movies he's liked that I haven't and vice versa. I don't know what his take on this movie will be.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Ghostboy

Man, the gore in this movie is great. The blood geyesers are quite exquisite. Every time someone gets slashed or stabbed....more blood! Wonderful. Magical. Like a fine morning mist, or a lawn sprinkler, except red. It pools nicely several times as well. I'm actually surprised they got this out with an R rating.

That said, I didn't like much else in the movie (aside from the blatant nudity, which was certainly appropriate). The script was just a little TOO ludicrous and stupid. But if I had seen it in a packed theater, I'm sure I would have had a heck of a lot of fun with it.

Banky

ghostboy you are a good man.  I cant wait to see this movie.  This shit is gonna rock.  Film Critic is being a DB.