The Tragedy of Macbeth (Coen, 2021)

Started by Alma, September 21, 2021, 08:34:13 AM

Alma

Teaser trailer is out and it looks stunning, you can clearly see the German expressionist influence.

I feel like I must have missed a thread for this film cause it's surely been talked about before on here but I couldn't find one - I'm a bit confused about whether I've posted this in the right place or not cause it seems like there's about three different subforums where current film/director discussion occurs? Anyway sorry if this is the wrong place for it  :yabbse-smiley:

WorldForgot

No worries at all, Alma! This is the proper sub-forum for it. The Grapevine iz for announcements on films that may not be released this year/do not have a release date/or just dont have trailers (material to discuss?).

This cinematography looks sumptuous! Also, I appreciate the trailer's pacing and length. Got me properly hooked without showcasing too much.

Shughes

I really want this to be good. So far I'm disappointed that it looks very clean, crisp and digital.

pynchonikon

The fact that after so long secrecy they chose to show us such a short teaser just four days prior to its WP, seems a bit suspicious concerning its accessibility/potential tbh. We'll see...

polkablues

Less than a minute long? Clearly trying to hide the movie's faults. Not that it'll help, because nobody will go see a black and white movie anyway. Hard to imagine anyone will give either of the Coens money to make another movie after this.
My house, my rules, my coffee

wrongright

Quote from: polkablues on October 19, 2021, 03:32:18 PM
Less than a minute long? Clearly trying to hide the movie's faults. Not that it'll help, because nobody will go see a black and white movie anyway. Hard to imagine anyone will give either of the Coens money to make another movie after this.

It's already screened at festivals to rave reviews. So I don't think it has anything to hide.

Alethia

RudyBlatnoyd

Quote from: polkablues on October 19, 2021, 03:32:18 PM

?!

Well, that's just, like, your, uh... etc

If nobody was willing to give the (Oscar-winning, cult-favourite, commercially-quite-successful-overall) Coens the money to make a movie again, then the industry really would be in bad shape. I mean, it obviously is in bad shape, but that really would be, like, the worst shape.

polkablues

Genuinely annoyed that it wasn't obvious that I was poking fun at wrongright's posting style.
My house, my rules, my coffee

RudyBlatnoyd

Quote from: polkablues on October 19, 2021, 04:23:53 PM
Genuinely annoyed that it wasn't obvious that I was poking fun at wrongright's posting style.

Ah, sorry, now I feel foolish. Shoulda picked up on that, ha.

wrongright

Quote from: polkablues on October 19, 2021, 04:23:53 PM

It was very obvious. You should've chosen a scenario that had a semblance of truth to make it more believable.

Alethia