The Fountain

Started by DavTMcGowan, April 28, 2003, 10:48:01 PM

MacGuffin

Warner has finally announced Darren Aronofsky's The Fountain for release on 5/15. There will be dual full frame and anamorphic widescreen DVD versions (SRP $27.95 each), as well as Blu-ray Disc ($34.99) and HD-DVD/DVD Combo versions ($39.99). Extras are expected to include the 6-part Inside The Fountain: Death and Rebirth documentary and more.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

I'm amazed they're even offering a full frame version.  The sort of people (us) who will buy this DVD are not the sort of people who buy pan-and-scan.
My house, my rules, my coffee

picolas

if it has the right cover (with a giant fucking Jackman and Weisz face), a lot of people will rent it with no idea what it is and they will want full screen.

modage

Quote from: picolas on March 10, 2007, 03:00:28 AM
if it has the right cover (with a giant fucking Jackman and Weisz face), a lot of people will rent it with no idea what it is and they will want full screen.

IT IS WORSE THAN WE ALL COULD HAVE IMAGINED...

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

JG

that is the worst thing of all time

EDIT:  (so far).

The Red Vine

surprise, surprise. but who was honestly expecting anything better than terrible? however, it's not the worst thing I could have imagined.

I think "Peter Pan" and "Jersey Girl" still hold the records for worst DVD cover.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

Gamblour.

NO! Holy christ. That is the worst DVD cover I have ever seen.

+

+

=
WWPTAD?

mogwai

if only the peeps at criterion could save this from being a complete mess.

ono

mogwai

i feel much better now.

Kal

so i was very dissapointed cause i couldnt see this in theatres and the dvd comes in two more months.... however lucky me im in mexico and i was able to catch the movie tonight... now im more dissapointed  :doh:

modage

FUCK YES.

Quote from: Darren Aronofsky on his MySpace blogdvd... i saw that terrible art and i worked hard to get it changed. the studio wouldn't hire dan and jeremy, my vfx team, to do it but i got them to use the art from the international campaign which is pretty nice.

it's a very stripped down dvd and i do hope at some point to make a definitive collector's edition but that will be in a few years.

:kiss: love you, darren.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pzyktzle

far far better.

they showed this in brisbane cinemas for less than a month. not a single ad for it. it was gone before i even knew it was here. being in australia, the majority of movies i get excited about sometimes take months to arrive in our cinemas by which time i'm focused on the next batch of new and wonderful things coming out from around the world, and mainly the u.s.

Bram

Aronofsky is really everything a good director should be. Great fight for a great DVD Cover.