Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Lempwick

Quote from: trytotell on June 20, 2019, 12:58:10 AM
Quote from: BigSock on June 20, 2019, 12:54:21 AM
Lol what?

That poster is a troll. Just ignore him. He spews this same shit on different message boards.

Seething!  I love it. 

Lottery

Was DiCaprio turning him down confirmed? Because if that offer was real, it definitely sets an age-limit. Otherwise, I was wondering if it could be someone younger like Timmy Shamwow. He's white, has publicly praised PTA and is building lots of hype right now.

Bonus public event promotional picture.

What about the seemingly racially ambiguous and talented Oscar Isaac?

Drenk

I wasn't the only one who thought that Chalamet was extraordinary in Call Me, but since he has worried me. Maybe it was a one time miracle.
Ascension.

Yes

Waiting for that announcement...

Pringle

Quote from: BigSock on July 10, 2019, 12:19:41 AM

Is this inside info, BigSock? If I'm not mistaken you were the first to report any rumblings on this.

Alethia

Every time I see there's a new post in this thread and click on it expectantly and it turns out not to be *that* announcement, I die a little inside.

Drenk

You'll just know when it will be ten successive posts, and I know that I'm breaking someone's hurt by posting—making it three posts in a row!—even though there's no info.

But it's strange that PTA directed Anima in May if he's in full pre-production. I don't know. Pointless speculation is part of the fun.
Ascension.

WorldForgot

Quote from: Drenk on July 10, 2019, 06:50:39 PM
You'll just know when it will be ten successive posts, and I know that I'm breaking someone's hurt by posting—making it three posts in a row!—even though there's no info.

But it's strange that PTA directed Anima in May if he's in full pre-production. I don't know. Pointless speculation is part of the fun.

And the HAIM video at the Bev that jenkins tuned us into!
Paul is definitely in a groove.

Alethia

It's almost 3 years to the day I was sitting in the You Were Never Really Here production office when Phantom Thread was first announced.

Drenk

Quote from: WorldForgot on July 10, 2019, 06:57:30 PM
Quote from: Drenk on July 10, 2019, 06:50:39 PM

And the HAIM video at the Bev that jenkins tuned us into!
Paul is definitely in a groove.

But maybe that's how he films his daily life! We have iPhones, he has 35mm caméras around him all the time. Sometimes a 65mm one for his kids birthdays.
Ascension.

Alethia

Ugh I've always wanted to check out that fabled garage of his, where he stashes his gear collection spanning all eras of cinematic invention.

Yes

Quote from: Pringle on July 10, 2019, 06:07:06 PM

Is this inside info, BigSock? If I'm not mistaken you were the first to report any rumblings on this.

I wish!

All I know is that Megan Ellison/Annapurna were supposedly funding the project, which makes sense given their history with PTA. Someone with more knowledge could correct me on that, though

Considering the news today about Annapurna filing for bankruptcy and the rumors of Leo passing on a potential script, it makes sense there's been no developments.

Even that guy who posted about casting news months ago hasn't been back

kingfan011

Quote from: BigSock on August 07, 2019, 04:41:28 PM
Quote from: Pringle on July 10, 2019, 06:07:06 PM

I wish!

All I know is that Megan Ellison/Annapurna were supposedly funding the project, which makes sense given their history with PTA. Someone with more knowledge could correct me on that, though

Considering the news today about Annapurna filing for bankruptcy and the rumors of Leo passing on a potential script, it makes sense there's been no developments.

Even that guy who posted about casting news months ago hasn't been back

True Annapurna going out of business had to have put a dent in this.

pynchonikon

Netflix seems like the only way now, i guess.

Tdog

Quote from: Pynchonikos1994 on August 07, 2019, 07:00:12 PM
Netflix seems like the only way now, i guess.
I want to see PTA's 10 hour movie!