Why does anyone like the Boondock Saints?

Started by Born Under Punches, April 22, 2003, 03:09:04 PM

Tryskadekafobia

They ought to put The Boondock Saints on the second disc of the OvernightDVD as a supplemental.

meatball

Yeah, and since Troy Duffy makes absolutely no profit on DVD sales, it's an even harsher spit to his face!

Ravi

Gamblour.

Quote from: RaviThe Overnight DVD releases June 28th

Thanks, I was looking for that date.
WWPTAD?

modage

last friday i posted in the overnight thread that netflix has it listed for May 10th.  though amazon does have the other date.  hmm...  :ponder: http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=6956&start=15
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Fox will release The Boondock Saints: Unrated Special Edition on both DVD and UMD formats. On the DVD, the film will be available in both full frame and anamorphic widescreen versions, each with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. Extras will include audio commentary with writer/director Troy Duffy and actor Billy Connolly, deleted scenes, outtakes and trailers.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 14, 2006, 11:29:46 AM
Extras will include audio commentary with writer/director Troy Duffy and actor Billy Connolly

On first glance I thought that said Bill Cosby.  "Now, ya see, movie directors today have the brain damage..."

Ravi

Its about a rag-tag group of saints who go around spreading Jesus' love and kicking ass at the same time.

ShanghaiOrange

Even the title is sort of a semantic ripoff of Reservoir Dogs.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

last days of gerry the elephant

This is a pretty bad movie!
Whatever potential it did have, the bad acting and cheesy dialogue couldn't save it for me.

Gold Trumpet

An inspiring film. Lets make a Dekapenticon for worst movies ever!

ThurstonPowell

Duffy's audio commentary on the current Boondocks DVD is as monstrously egotistical as anything he says in Overnight.  Absolutely worth a listen.  It makes for a so-bad-its-good triple feature: a) Boondock Saints b) Boondock Saints with Troy Duffy audio commentary c) Overnight.
Did you tell your friend Bernice I'm some kind of jet pilot?