Freeway

Started by yossarian, April 19, 2003, 07:54:16 PM

yossarian

caught a nifty little flick the other night....don't know what year it was made...
reese witherspoon as a trailer trash ho, who runs away from her drug addict mom and is picked up by a deranged kiefer sutherland
its a pitch black comedy,
thought it was hilarious..... a riff on little Red Riding hood
made by a guy called Matthew Bright..... think he wrote it as well.... pretty raw in place admittedly...the end is a bit limp....but such a pleasant surprise overall
witherspoon is absolutely incredible.... i really hope she isn't going to be churning out shit like sweet home alabama for the rest of her career....
and the script is hilarious....although loses its way a bit towards the end like i said
surprised i'd never heard of it before and it looks quite recent

am curious if anyone else caught this movie and what they made of it...also other stuff had bright done...is any of it any good?

Sleuth

Actually, I was using my brother-in-law's satellite flipping through channels and I caught what SURELY must have been near the end of the movie, I wish I hadn't.  It's not that I wanted to spoil it, it's just that I passed by and thought I saw Reese Witherspoon and went back to the channel to catch more than I wanted.  Woe.
I like to hug dogs

Ghostboy

This is a nice demented little flick.

I wouldn't really reccomend the in-name-only sequel, Confessions Of A Trick-Baby (a take on Hansel And Gretel) unless you're in the mood for something really fucked up. It's REALLY low budget, and it's not very good. But if you like Natasha Lyonne, you might want to see it (she stars in it and produced it as well) and if you want to see how well hung Vincent Gallo is, this is your ticket!

But Bright's a cool guy. He did a Ted Bundy flick recently that I haven't seen yet, and he has this romance coming out soon called Tiptoes, a love story between a woman and a midget (played by Gary Oldman).

oakmanc234

'Freeway'. Yeah, I remember catching that on the tube one night. Sick, demented, crazy ass little flick. When that nasty score played over the credits, I felt like a twisted person for watching it! Entertaining though. Witherspoon in a completely different light, instead of all this 'Clueless'-shit she's been churning out lately.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Ghostboy

If you're a Reese-obsessed fan and you haven't seen 'Twilight' yet, you're missing out.

budgie

Quote from: GhostboyThis is a nice demented little flick.

Makes perfect sense to me.

QuoteI wouldn't really reccomend the in-name-only sequel, Confessions Of A Trick-Baby (a take on Hansel And Gretel) unless you're in the mood for something really fucked up. It's REALLY low budget, and it's not very good.

:yabbse-thumbdown: Roast In Peace, GBoy.

QuoteBut Bright's a cool guy. He did a Ted Bundy flick recently that I haven't seen yet, and he has this romance coming out soon called Tiptoes, a love story between a woman and a midget (played by Gary Oldman).

The Ted Bundy got reviewed here (1/5) but I didn't find one cinema that showed it.  :yabbse-sad:

polkablues

I do, in fact, want to see how well-hung Vincent Gallo is.

Just saying.
My house, my rules, my coffee