The Incredible Burt Wonderstone

Started by MacGuffin, December 20, 2012, 10:53:43 PM

MacGuffin

Release date: March 15, 2013

Starring: Steve Carell, Jim Carrey, Olivia Wilde, Alan Arkin, James Gandolfini

Directed by: Don Scardino

Premise: After breaking up with his longtime stage partner, a famous but jaded Vegas magician fights for relevance when a new, "hip" street magician appears on the scene.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

sarahcooper14

"But in the end, it's a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer." -Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Lottery

So this is kinda like The Prestige channelled through Blades of Glory?

sarahcooper14

"But in the end, it's a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer." -Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

jenkins

haven't seen burt, awkward

Quote from: sarahcooper14 on March 15, 2013, 10:03:47 PM
blog
your blog is so great! really enjoy your open obsessions and lines like "you'd think that maybe [...] John Travolta's mustache could be explained" you can see around here people including myself become fixed in a certain mindset as they age, and it's cool you're exploring your tastes and investigating cinema and writing about it and developing a personal philosophy. 17's a great age to love movies. this goes for all the young posters, your passions and curiosities are valuable. i learn from them. young cinephiles regenerate old cinephiles, thanks for speaking up. good job

plus like so happy you mentioned detention as a rad movie. have you watched it twice? the first 2/3 make total sense on a second viewing (and the final third remains off the rails in a delirious and fun way). i think it's a nutritious cinematic meal, and i think if the movie made sense joseph kahn would've exploded

sarahcooper14

Quote from: trashculturemutantjunkie on March 16, 2013, 02:52:40 AM
haven't seen burt, awkward

Quote from: sarahcooper14 on March 15, 2013, 10:03:47 PM
blog
your blog is so great! really enjoy your open obsessions and lines like "you'd think that maybe [...] John Travolta's mustache could be explained" you can see around here people including myself become fixed in a certain mindset as they age, and it's cool you're exploring your tastes and investigating cinema and writing about it and developing a personal philosophy. 17's a great age to love movies. this goes for all the young posters, your passions and curiosities are valuable. i learn from them. young cinephiles regenerate old cinephiles, thanks for speaking up. good job

plus like so happy you mentioned detention as a rad movie. have you watched it twice? the first 2/3 make total sense on a second viewing (and the final third remains off the rails in a delirious and fun way). i think it's a nutritious cinematic meal, and i think if the movie made sense joseph kahn would've exploded

Oh, wow. Thank you! You made my day! And thanks for reading.  :yabbse-grin: I'm glad you also liked Detention! I watched it twice and it made a lot more sense. I really enjoyed it. I really hope something happens for Kahn because you can tell he just really enjoys filmmaking. It translates on screen completely.
Also, I'd just like to say that this website is really cool and I'm glad it exists. It's nice to have a place on the web where you can actually have intelligent conversations about film.