This Is The End

Started by MacGuffin, December 20, 2012, 05:03:33 PM

MacGuffin

Release date: June 14, 2013

Starring: Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, James Franco, Danny McBride, Craig Robinson

Directed by: Evan Goldberg

Premise: While attending a party at James Franco's house, Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel and many other celebrities are faced with the apocalypse.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

Luckiest bastards ever these guys. This looks fun.

Frederico Fellini

Would've been better if it just came out tomorrow... Seeing it next summer kinda takes the fun out of it.

Still, that's a great fucking cast. Definitely going to watch this.
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

ElPandaRoyal

Yes! The one problem with it seems to be its release date. Apart from that, it just looks too much fun.
Si

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Lottery

I wasn't aware this was a whole 'actors-as-themselves' kind of thing, maybe this will allow Emma Watson to give at least one good performance. Looks kinda funny, but Wright and Pegg will completely destroy it with their film.

MacGuffin

Scarface Style, International Trailer

Skeleton FilmWorks

Cloudy

I had a good time with this one. Haven't laughed this hard in a cinema in a while. Maybe the last really funny one was Ted, but I might be missing one.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Cloudy on June 13, 2013, 02:29:13 AMMaybe the last really funny one was Ted, but I might be missing one.

Prometheus?

Skeleton FilmWorks

Cloudy

Nono TDKR...definitely...I sort of liked Prometheus man...

But, also it should be said that the film could've been an actual good movie maybe. I thought of it more as a roller coaster ride or something. I think my expectations are just low at this point and I tried to ignore all the shitty and just laughed instead. Good shit. Nothing you NEED to see in my opinion though.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

It's a comedy full of pop culture references and improvised dick jokes with a fun take on a simple story.
Enjoyed the heck out of it. More than "Man of Steel".

diggler

I thought I was going to roll my eyes at this but it was actually very funny, Jonah Hill's characterization was my favorite. I also found the scope of it weirdly resonating, I don't know if that makes sense. I missed some of McBride and Franco's "cum" exchange because my theater was laughing so loud.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

ho ly sheeit. this movie was absolutely fucking fantastic.
everything was perfect. i dont think i disliked ANYTHING.
it just flowed awesomely and everything was hilarious.
my face was in pain when i left. best theatre experience of the year so far.
i mean, jesus. i cant even believe that was really that good.

pete

I liked a lot of it, but there were long stretches that were too long to justify a few chuckles. soon as they left that house though, everything picked up, that third act felt too short. great cameo at the end.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton