Clerks 3

Started by ono, December 07, 2012, 04:15:36 PM

ono

http://www.avclub.com/articles/actually-now-kevin-smiths-final-movie-will-be-cler,89637/

Red State was sensationalistic, empty, and John Goodman was wasted.  Smith eschewed using an inspired ending, neutering what impact the film may have had.  Still, as a personality he's still great, which made one think that Hit Somebody might have some merit.  That is, until I at least found it ballooned to epic proportions and has become, what, a six hour miniseries on TV instead.  Clerks 2 improved on the original in my book, so I'm really shaking my head that he go back to the well again rather than just stop.  He's not even trying anymore, and I used to have, well, at least more respect for him than the average member here.

Let the unmitigated bashing begin.

BB

Reel

I wonder if this movie coming out had anything to do with his decision not to make 'Hit Somebody'

I'd much rather see Clerks 3 than some dumb hockey movie. It won't be anything great, but it's exactly what Smith does best with the characters we came to love him for. I don't want to see him strive for anything more, because we saw what happened when he tried to do that with Red State.