Reply #405 on: October 14, 2020, 06:37:13 PM
Cool! 

Needs more BOOGIE NIGHTS.
"Trying to fit in since 2017."

nomorecoffee

• The Call to Adventure
Reply #406 on: November 28, 2020, 09:41:24 PM
Mason & Dixon, Thomas Pynchon, page 406

"Someone owns you, Sir. He pays for your Meals and Lodging. He lends you out to others. What is that call'd, where you come from?"
"Why, and if you are free of such Arrangements", Mason shrugs, "hurrah thrice over and perhaps one day you may instruct all the rest of us in how, exactly."

reading this now............... man this is so close and specific...... although it's not in the script, I think it is said that it was improvised by PSH. But maybe PTA just thought about this on set and quickly wrote that for Philip? might not be the truth but I like to believe it.

kingfan011

• The Vision Quest
Reply #407 on: November 28, 2020, 10:13:58 PM
Mason & Dixon, Thomas Pynchon, page 406

"Someone owns you, Sir. He pays for your Meals and Lodging. He lends you out to others. What is that call'd, where you come from?"
"Why, and if you are free of such Arrangements", Mason shrugs, "hurrah thrice over and perhaps one day you may instruct all the rest of us in how, exactly."

reading this now............... man this is so close and specific...... although it's not in the script, I think it is said that it was improvised by PSH. But maybe PTA just thought about this on set and quickly wrote that for Philip? might not be the truth but I like to believe it.

Thatís a wild coincidence if Hoffman improvised it. Itís so close