The Campaign

Started by MacGuffin, May 11, 2012, 09:30:31 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

Release date: Aug. 10, 2012

Starring: Will Ferrell, Zach Galifianakis, Jason Sudeikis, Sarah Baker, Dylan McDermott, Brian Cox, John Lithgow, Dan Aykroyd

Directed by: Jay Roach

Premise: Two rival North Carolina politicians with presidential aspirations tangle with one another.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

This was all right.  That ends my review.
My house, my rules, my coffee

InTylerWeTrust

As a fan of both Ferrel and Galafanuchis, I was expecting more.... It did not deliver.
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

RegularKarate

Ferrel phoned this in.
Galifianakis was perfect, the script was not.

It started really funny and took off with a good deal of laughs and then dropped its shit. It couldn't decide if it wanted to be loose and really funny or heartwarming. It got lost in between and failed at both.

polkablues

The biggest problem was that every time there was the potential for a great joke, they went with the laziest, most obvious joke instead. I agree that Galifianakis was doing everything possible to elevate the material, and I'm always happy to see a variation on his Seth Galifianakis character, but the material was so limp that there wasn't much he could do.

I vastly prefer the alternate universe version of the movie that only exists in my head, where Adam Mackay directed it himself instead of Jay Roach.
My house, my rules, my coffee