T3 - International Trailer

Started by MacGuffin, April 16, 2003, 10:30:32 AM

MacGuffin

Better than the US one.

Click on pic:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

dufresne

i am not ashamed to say that i'm looking forward to this movie.  pure popcorn.
There are shadows in life, baby.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: dufresnei am not ashamed to say that i'm looking forward to this movie.  pure popcorn.

I hear you there. I was really excited with the first trailer, not as much CGI as I expected. I will be first in line to see it.

chainsmoking insomniac

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

i prey that this is good, i love the first two with all my heart -- as good as action films get. do any of you have the low down on james cameron's decision to pass on the torch?
...your excuses are your own...

MacGuffin

Quote from: cowboykurtisdo any of you have the low down on james cameron's decision to pass on the torch?

According to Hollywood trade reports, Cameron, who wrote and directed the first two Terminators, passed on the behind-the-camera chores for a simple reason: He can't stand his former producing partners Mario Kassar and Andy Vajna. The pair, who produced the first two Terminator films and another Schwarzenegger megahit Total Recall, won sequel rights to the franchise after their company Carolco went belly-up a few years ago.

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: cowboykurtisdo any of you have the low down on james cameron's decision to pass on the torch?

According to Hollywood trade reports, Cameron, who wrote and directed the first two Terminators, passed on the behind-the-camera chores for a simple reason: He can't stand his former producing partners Mario Kassar and Andy Vajna. The pair, who produced the first two Terminator films and another Schwarzenegger megahit Total Recall, won sequel rights to the franchise after their company Carolco went belly-up a few years ago.

thats unfortunate. im a bit worried about this director. i havent seen u571 -- how is his ability as a storyteller? im sure he must be capable if they're investing so much money in his ability -- im just always a skeptic until poven otherwise.

MacGuffin

Quote from: cowboykurtisim a bit worried about this director. i havent seen u571 -- how is his ability as a storyteller? im sure he must be capable if they're investing so much money in his ability -- im just always a skeptic until poven otherwise.

U571 is alright, suffers from miscasting. But Mostow's ability is best showcased in the underrated suspense-thriller "Breakdown". I really got into that film and hope he takes T3 in that direction. The screenwriters from "The Game" wrote the script, so I have some hope.

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

Quote from: cowboykurtisim a bit worried about this director. i havent seen u571 -- how is his ability as a storyteller? im sure he must be capable if they're investing so much money in his ability -- im just always a skeptic until poven otherwise.

U571 is alright, suffers from miscasting. But Mostow's ability is best showcased in the underrated suspense-thriller "Breakdown". I really got into that film and hope he takes T3 in that direction. The screenwriters from "The Game" wrote the script, so I kinda hopeful.

is breakdown with kurt russel? if so, i believe i saw it a few years ago. i remember it being good. ill have to take a look at it again.

MacGuffin

Quote from: cowboykurtisis breakdown with kurt russel? if so, i believe i saw it a few years ago. i remember it being good. ill have to take a look at it again.

Yes. Check it out again. I just really got caught up in the characters and the situation they were in.

*SPOILERS*

The late, great JT Walsh was such a snake that I was so happy when he got his comeupance. Love the part when Russell tapes the guys neck to the head-rest and keeps SLAMMING on the brakes when he gives a wrong answer.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

What a uninspiring poster.... should have commisioned sphinx for one.

And will Cameron ever direct a "real" movie again? One that doesnt have to do with the ocean and boats?

oakmanc234

That poster is kinda lame.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

©brad

The late, great JT Walsh was such a snake that I was so happy when he got his comeupance. Love the part when Russell tapes the guys neck to the head-rest and keeps SLAMMING on the brakes when he gives a wrong answer.

oh yeah. i remember watching this in the theater the night before i had to take the SAT's. (for some reason i have always remembered this). one scene that sticks in my head is the one in the beginning when the car has just broken down and they look in the distance and see that black truck just sitting there, it's pretty chilling. big fan of kurt russell too(i think it was cameron crowe on the vanilla sky commentary who said he was the best kept secret in hollywood?) Reminds me, Dark Blue looks somewhat promising based on the stuff I've read on it. I like Ron Shelton (directed Bull Durham, White Men Can't Jump, Tin Cup)

Quote from: Duck SauceWhat a uninspiring poster.... should have commisioned sphinx for one.

And will Cameron ever direct a "real" movie again? One that doesnt have to do with the ocean and boats?

agreed. poster looks old and crusty.

Redlum

A friend was telling me about a fan movie for Terminator 3, where Arnie is sent back in time to stop Jesus from being crucified. I couldn't stop laughing when he laid down the premise, anyone else seen this?

"Terminator 3 : The Greatest Action Story Ever Told - In this movie parody, the Terminator (Bryan Callen) is sent to stop Judas from killing Jesus (Dave Herman), but Jesus wants to be killed - he's supposed to die for the sins of mankind. He kills a bunch of Roman soldiers and also tries to kill Judas during the Last Supper. Finally, as Jesus carriers the cross, the Terminator says "Don't worry, he'll be back." "

Apparently its from a program called MadTv but I've never seen it.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas