The Sitter

Started by MacGuffin, November 14, 2011, 01:22:18 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: December 9th, 2011 (wide)

Starring: Jonah Hill, Ari Graynor, Max Records, Kevin Hernandez, J.B. Smoove

Directed by:  David Gordon Green

Premise: Noah is a suspended college student, living at home with his single mom. When he is talked into babysitting the three, young, misfit kids next door, he decides to take them along on an attempted sexual rendezvous, and the night takes a wild and dangerous turn for the worse for which he is totally unprepared.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reel

Jonah Hill and David Gordon Green need to seriously redeem themselves after Allen Gregory and Your Highness. Hopefully this does it.

squints

David Gordon Green....

what the fuck happened to you man? your ass used to be beautiful.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

samsong

retarded, but i had a good time.  mercifully short and very to the point.  it's fairly funny and has a good amount of heart, unearned but surprisingly genuine and way more effective than i could've expected from this thing.  david gordon green is pretty great at comedic fight scenes.  i really dislike jonah hill and any time he has any success with a female in a movie it strikes me as especially stupid but he's tolerable in this... though not necessarily because he's doing anything different.