the deep blue sea

Started by samsong, September 26, 2011, 06:54:22 PM

samsong

terence davies is one of my favorites, and he has a new film.

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgnwGGmDiY4&feature=player_embedded#!
clip:

Sleepless

I was going to make a joke that they should have called it 2 Deep 2 Blue, and then a later sequel could have been The Deep Blue Sea but obviously that's not what this thread is about.

I'm a Terence Davies fan too. It's been 11 years since his last fictional film, so I'll definitely be looking forward to this one. Thanks for making me aware of this!
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

samsong

i'm all for filmmakers with striking visual sensibilities photographing gorgeous actresses.  and davies has already proven himself to be quite apt at adaptations.  personally can't wait.

chere mill

as expected from terence davies, this is pretty masterful. i was absolutely floored by it's rhythms and compositions. a beautiful melodrama of upmost skill and passion. my favorite davies film will probably always be the long day closes, but this is easily one of my favorites.