In Time

Started by polkablues, July 27, 2011, 08:24:21 PM

polkablues

Niccol is back, bitches.  This looks great.

Also, posters.

My house, my rules, my coffee

Jeremy Blackman

Nice! Kinda feel like I've seen the movie after that trailer, though.

pete

I'm not into movies where they just make up a ridiculous future where people have to die BUT ONE GUY ISN'T DOWN WITH THAT and it's all supposed to be some kinda swipe at our society.

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Jeremy Blackman

Children of Men is amazing, though.

polkablues

So is Squints' imaginary version of Logan's Run starring Matt Berry.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on July 27, 2011, 10:07:09 PM
Nice! Kinda feel like I've seen the movie after that trailer, though.

That's because that's not the actual trailer, it's the clip they showed last week at Comicon which gives more away.

squints

"Everyone can't live forever. Where would we put them?"

that line made me laugh out loud.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pubrick

Haha yeah that line is stupid but this looks brilliant.

Niccol is like a well adjusted Charlie Kaufman. Best ideas in the biz.
under the paving stones.

Ravi

Quote from: squints on July 28, 2011, 02:56:24 PM
"Everyone can't live forever. Where would we put them?"

that line made me laugh out loud.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"  -Steven Wright

polkablues

"Destroy the world?  Egads, I hope not!  That's where I keep all my stuff!" - The Tick

Ravi

Quote from: pete on July 27, 2011, 10:24:55 PM
I'm not into movies where they just make up a ridiculous future where people have to die BUT ONE GUY ISN'T DOWN WITH THAT and it's all supposed to be some kinda swipe at our society.

In a world where every movie is about a futuristic dystopia...

Gattaca was awesome, so I'll see this.

Did anyone else think Cate Blanchett was on that third poster?

pete

I think I'll be more specific - I only dislike the movies where the made-up society happily trucks along, accepting death or not falling in love or whatever ridiculous thing, then this extremely handsome guy goes "hey but wait" and that's pretty much the movie.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

children with angels

Quote from: pete on July 29, 2011, 03:22:55 AM
I think I'll be more specific - I only dislike the movies where the made-up society happily trucks along, accepting death or not falling in love or whatever ridiculous thing, then this extremely handsome guy goes "hey but wait" and that's pretty much the movie.

Reminds me of the movie idea Gervais and Merchant discuss in an Office dvd extra: 'Brain Jail' - set in a future with rubbish laws like 'you can't have your own thoughts':

"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

RegularKarate

Quote from: children with angels on July 29, 2011, 05:50:37 AM
Quote from: pete on July 29, 2011, 03:22:55 AM

Reminds me of the movie idea Gervais and Merchant discuss in an Office dvd extra: 'Brain Jail' - set in a future with rubbish laws like 'you can't have your own thoughts':

Which reminds me of Equilibrium.  Where it's illegal to have emotions.  Man, that movie is so bad.

theyarelegion

& I agree w/pete - this is a movie we've seen 10 times before, it's paint by numbers at this stage...maybe it will be ok, but I'll be waiting to catch it on tv...at best.