Crazy Stupid Love

Started by ono, May 21, 2011, 11:46:28 PM

ono

Saw a little preview on SNL.

From IMDb: "A father's life unravels while he deals with a marital crisis and tries to manage his relationship with his children."

Stars Steve Carell, Julianne Moore, Emma Stone.  Sounds good.  I want to go to there.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1570728/

Opens July 29th.

polkablues

As it turns out, this is great. Great cast doing great work, great camera, great music, mostly great writing, minus a handful of not-so-great cliched moments and a couple of credibility-straining contrivances, but mostly just great. One of the rare movies that has both comedy and drama without feeling like one is being forced for the sake of the other. This will probably end up being a top-ten of the year for me.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Jeremy Blackman

Ryan Gosling is in everything right now.

children with angels

There's a moment in the trailer where Emma Stone strides purposefully through a bar, high fives a nearby girl, then hurls herself into Gosling's arms. Seemed like such a nicely handled moment that it made me want to see the film by itself.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

polkablues

I'm hesitant to even post this, because it gives up way too much, and frankly doesn't make it look as good as the movie actually is.  But I don't want to gtfo, so here.

My house, my rules, my coffee

Pas

Quote from: polkablues on July 31, 2011, 01:33:07 AM
As it turns out, this is great. Great cast doing great work, great camera, great music, mostly great writing, minus a handful of not-so-great cliched moments and a couple of credibility-straining contrivances, but mostly just great. One of the rare movies that has both comedy and drama without feeling like one is being forced for the sake of the other. This will probably end up being a top-ten of the year for me.

Carrell should stick to stuff like this/Dan in real life and stay out of slapstick.

Perfect couple film. Both loved it. Saw afterwards Trust, with Clive Owen and Catherine Keener and a little 15 year old who pulls a Oscar nom worthy performance imho. It's directed by David Shwimmer. A bit TLC/Hallmark/whatever feel but still very good I thought. Ebert said it was one of the year's best film and all other critics destroyed it basically. Isn't thread-worthy so, yeah.

Stefen

Quote from: Pas on July 31, 2011, 09:22:19 PM
Perfect couple film. Both loved it.

Who did you see it with?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

We can assume he meant his girlfriend of many years.

Unless he fucked that girl.
under the paving stones.

pete

did you just explain the joke?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pas

Quote from: S.R. on July 31, 2011, 11:24:55 PM
Quote from: Pas on July 31, 2011, 09:22:19 PM
Perfect couple film. Both loved it.

Who did you see it with?

Hahaha! The girlfriend.

I haven't fucked that girl, 50/50 from fidelity/her fidelity to her husband. though I have received from her sms regarding subjects ranging from her mastery of deepthroating to her proficiency with cunnilingus.  :saywhat:

sorry for thread derail

cronopio 2

Pas

pete

I liked it a lot though the girl I went with couldn't overlook the rom com cliches.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

SiliasRuby

I loved this movie and not just because 2 of my fav. redheads were in this film. It genuinely moved me and had me smiling by the end just like a great blow job. I wanna be this all the time when I go to the movies.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection