Malaventura on Kickstarter

Started by Kal, March 24, 2011, 11:43:47 AM

Kal

Hey everyone,

Not sure if people here are familiar with Kickstarter but YOU SHOULD BE because its pretty great and it can help all of you get your projects financed and stuff. I have personally helped a bunch of friends and random filmmakers and artists get their projects off the ground.

Now I decided to do a test to raise money myself to finish our newest movie MALAVENTURA. We shot this one in Mexico, and the best way to describe it would be as a 'Mexican Superbad'. It's pretty funny and in my opinion looks great.

We are almost done editing and part of the idea with this fundraiser is to use the money to finish color, sound, music, etc. It's a fun experiment. Not sure if anyone here cares or has money to contribute, but everything from $1 and up is accepted and appreciated!

Regardless, go check out Kickstarter because its a useful tool to have, and go into our page there because you can see some film footage. We haven't put out any teasers or anything so this is the first footage available to watch online!

The URL is http://kck.st/gPkWdU - Please share with friends!

And if you can also 'Like' the project on Facebook, URL is http://www.facebook.com/malaventuramovie.

Thanks!

Kal

RegularKarate

Quote from: kal on March 24, 2011, 10:36:19 PM
damn, you people suck!

Is this how you approach potential investors normally?

seriously though, I checked out the page and watched the video, it looks good.

Kal

Quote from: RegularKarate on March 25, 2011, 12:12:01 PM
Quote from: kal on March 24, 2011, 10:36:19 PM
damn, you people suck!

Is this how you approach potential investors normally?

seriously though, I checked out the page and watched the video, it looks good.

thanks... people here seem to think they'll have to pay just for watching... go see the video damnit!

Pubrick

No one thinks that. Not everything is about money. I think most people just haven't seen this thread or have other things to do..

I went to the kickstarter page and couldn't find where to watch the footage.. i like the prizes you get for donating.. is that for real? I mean about the dude coming to your house and cooking for you if you donate 5k.. a return trip to Australia would cost half that amount, i feel like he should probably save that money and put it towards the film.
under the paving stones.

Kal

If you click on it the video is right at the center of the screen... not sure how you missed it?

The odds of someone from Australia donating $5000 for a movie in Spanish are almost none... most likely if someone does that and wants the reward it will be in the USA/Mexico or somewhere closer... plus I have lots of miles for the ticket we wouldn't have to buy it.

And my complaining was because the thread did have 100+ views already so its not that nobody had seen it... its fine if they don't care though its not like they are obligated to watch it or comment :)

Pubrick

Hmm.. video problems might be that I'm browsing from my phone. Will check later when I'm home.
under the paving stones.