The Hangover Part II

Started by MacGuffin, October 23, 2010, 03:17:34 PM

modage

Quote from: P on October 27, 2010, 07:36:20 AM
i'll tell you what would help the PLAYLIST's image more, getting rid of shit like this:
Speaking of that, I think ThePlaylist himself (Rodrigo Perez) is not really involved with the site anymore.  He rarely posts stories and it says the editor in cheif is Keith Jagernauth now.  The Playlist is only listed as "Comptroller".  Which bums me out because I really liked his writing and trusted his opinion.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

It's not the same since it went to indiewire.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: P on October 27, 2010, 07:36:20 AM
i'll tell you what would help the PLAYLIST's image more, getting rid of shit like this:

Quote from: MacGuffin on October 26, 2010, 02:16:06 PM
And for the record, a list of the things that Mel Gibson is furious about currently runs to: being fired from "The Hangover 2," the mother of his child, his ex-wife, the tabloid press, Barack Obama, the lack of awards recognition for "Apocalypto," the Dallas Cowboys' performance against the New York Giants last night, the delay of the release of Jodie Foster's "The Beaver," a lack of oral sex, the poor quality of oral sex he does receive, Martin Campbell's refusal to let him perform all the dialogue in "Edge of Darkness" in Sanskrit, NBC's "Outsourced" (because of the quantity of Asians in the cast, rather than because it's not funny), the sun rising, the sun setting, having his eggs overcooked, the choice of Zack Snyder to direct "Superman," the lack of choruses on the second MGMT album, the building work his neighbors are having done, the shitty reception on his iPhone, Joe Pesci, having to wait another six months for "Tree of Life," the Rocky Horror-themed episode of "Glee," trick-or-treaters, the snooty cashier in Whole Foods, the way Carey Mulligan crossed the street to avoid him when all he wanted to say was how much he liked "An Education," the Iranian influence in Afghanistan, Amazon still not having delivered his copy of the complete lyrics of Stephen Sondheim, Danny Glover no longer returning his phone calls, brown paper packages tied up with string, and the Jews.

Yeah. I don't know if this is supposed to be journalism or just some dude writing on a blog, but it sucks either way.
Si

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Justin Bartha can not catch a break.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

Quote from: polkablues on February 24, 2011, 05:07:56 PM
Justin Bartha can not catch a break.

Yeah, poor guy at least show him for a second. It means he is not relevant at all once again.

Stefen

I had never even heard of that guy until this thread.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

diggler

Paul Giamatti? cool

Everything else looks exactly like I expected. At least Bartha gets a phone call scene.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Pedro

TRAILER SPOILERS/SPOILERS?

I know we should have expected the sequel to follow the same basic formula, but this is just ridiculous. This is almost exactly the same as the first movie.  It's too similar.  Stu has a problem with his body (tattoo, not tooth).  Surprise animal in the room! (monkey, not tiger).  Someone's missing (Brother in law not Doug).  Why don't we look in our pockets for clues?!  Oh no people are chasing us with guns!  I would hope that the trailer is attempting not to spoil the highlights, but this does not make me want to see the movie.  Of course the formula worked the first time around, and I'm sure that I'll see this, but color me disappointed. 

I guess it's better to see a movie like this with low expectations. 

Pubrick

Well the first one was overrated anyway so what do you expect.
under the paving stones.

modage

Right on both counts. This trailer is like the faux Funny Or Die parody of how lame and uninspired a sequel could be for this.

MacGuffin

Mike Tyson tattoo artist sues to block "Hangover"

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) -The man who gave Mike Tyson his distinctive facial tattoo has sued Warner Bros. over the similar-looking facial art on Ed Helms' character in the upcoming comedy "The Hangover: Part II." S. Victor Whitmill, an award-winning tattoo artist who calls the Tyson design "one of the most distinctive tattoos in the nation," is asking for an injunction to stop the release of the highly-anticipated comedy sequel, set to bow in the United States over Memorial Day weekend at the end of May. "When Mr. Whitmill created the Original Tattoo, Mr Tyson agreed that Mr. Whitmill would own the artwork and thus, the copyright in the Original Tattoo," argues the complaint, filed Thursday in federal court in Missouri. "Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc. --without attempting to contact Mr. Whitmill, obtain his permission, or credit his creation --has copied Mr. Whitmill's Original Tattoo and placed it on the face of another actor ... This unauthorized exploitation of the Original Tattoo constitutes copyright infringement." Warners declined to comment on the suit. It's an interesting lawsuit. Copyrighted works are copyrighted works, no matter whether they are painted on canvases or walls or the bodies of former heavyweight champions. Whitmill attaches to the lawsuit his copyright registration for the "Original Tattoo," as well as Tyson's signed release granting rights in the work. (He also includes some photos of himself with the boxer while applying the tattoo in 2003 in Las Vegas.) The designs do look very similar. And what makes the matter dicey for Warners is that the tattoo on the Helms character appears to be a direct comedic reference to Tyson, who appeared extensively in the first film. That might make it tough to argue that the designs are merely coincidentally similar. But Warners could argue that the copyright isn't valid, or that the studio changed the design just enough to escape infringement, or that the use in the film is "transformative," meaning it is depicted in a larger context and thus a fair use, or that's it's a parody. Whitmill also is challenging the use of the image in ad materials and trailers. What's scary for the studio is the request for an injunction to stop the movie's release. A few years back, Warners was forced to fork over a hefty settlement to the author of the source material for its "Dukes of Hazzard" film when a judge issued an injunction weeks before the film's release.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reel

Fuuuuucccckkkk youuu. it's the most generic tribal tattoo known to man, except it's on someone's face.

SiliasRuby

A paint by numbers sequel thats not as funny or entertaining as the first but because I wasn't expecting much I laughed out loud a couple of times. What a waste of 10 bucks....
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection