Robopocalypse

Started by modage, October 22, 2010, 01:18:30 PM

Stefen

Quote from: 72teeth on September 08, 2011, 12:43:59 AM
i had a nightmare not to long ago where i was smack-dab in the middle of Thee Transformer Battle to end all transformer battles, and every time Optimus is about to defeat the bad guy, he turns to me and says "Gimme a dollar, John, Quickly!!!!" i then have to fish-out a dollar from my pocket and insert it into a slot in his palm... he goes back to fighting and 2 minutes later, "John!! I need a dollar!!" I don't have one! "John! You must find me a dollar!!!"
Fuckin summer movies and money issues  :elitist:

^haha.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Steven Spielberg Postpones ROBOPOCALYPSE Indefinitely
Source: Collider

Lincoln director Steven Spielberg is poised to have a big day tomorrow when the 85th Academy Awards are announced, but it appears that the filmmaker has decided to put the brakes on his next project.  Spielberg has decided to indefinitely postpone his big budget sci-fi adaptation of Robopocalypse, which was to have starred Chris Hemsworth in the lead role.  Production was set to get underway this spring, but apparently Spielberg decided the project wasn't ready and is now going "back to the drawing board to see what is possible."  The filmmaker isn't dropping out of the pic entirely, he just didn't want to rush such an expensive film.

Penned by Drew Goddard (The Cabin in the Woods), the story of Robopocalypse takes place in a future where artificial intelligence known as Archos comes online and assumes control over the global network of machines that regulate everything from transportation to utilities, defense and communication.  The film was initially slated for release in July of 2013 before being pushed back to April 25, 2014, and now THR reports that the film, which was to star Hemsworth, Anne Hathaway, and Ben Whishaw, is being indefinitely postponed. The filmmaker's spokesman had this to say:

Spielberg spokesman Marvin Levy said the project was "too important and the script is not ready, and it's too expensive to produce. It's back to the drawing board to see what is possible."

Spielberg will continue to develop the project as he looks for something else to direct in the meantime.  His Moses epic Gods and Kings is in direct competition with another Moses film from Ridley Scott called Exodus, and producer Dan Lin recently told us that Gods and Kings is definitely on the frontburner for Warner Bros, so it's possible that Spielberg could be following up Lincoln with a Biblical epic.  Or maybe he's having second thoughts about Star Wars? (probably not).

This isn't the first time Spielberg has changed his mind on a project, and it's well-known that it took him over a decade to finally get Lincoln ready for production and almost the same amount of time for Schindler's List to get made.  I must say, though, I was really looking forward to seeing another sci-fi film from The Beard in the short term.  Hopefully Robopocalypse comes together sooner rather than later.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks