The Wild Hunt

Started by Pas, October 21, 2010, 08:05:55 PM

Pas

For all medieval freaks out there, a nice small budget (500k$) movie about live role playing games. Really good, highly recommended. Funny, surprising and the last 20 minutes are fucking intense.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1493886/

Check it out.

Stefen

Quote from: Pas on October 21, 2010, 08:05:55 PMmovie about live role playing games. the last 20 minutes are fucking intense.

fer realzy?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

Yeah man, even my gf loved this. It's funny and well written. It won a bunch ofprizes and Roger Ebert praised it, for what it's worth.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: Stefen on October 22, 2010, 02:41:32 AM
Quote from: Pas on October 21, 2010, 08:05:55 PMmovie about live role playing games. the last 20 minutes are fucking intense.

fer realzy?

Obviously.  Our hero had to fight off a level 9 Ragnaroid (aka Tony down the street) with only 22 hit points left!

Lightning bolt!  Lightning bolt!

Pas

Aha no it's not like that, it's a pretty serious/artsy look at that world and not a geeky cheap LOTR thing

pete

yeah it's closer to deliverance.  but the trailer is kinda misleading - the movie's slightly less disturbing than the trailer
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

Quote from: Pwaybloe on October 22, 2010, 08:11:34 AM

fer realzy?

Obviously.  Our hero had to fight off a level 9 Ragnaroid (aka Tony down the street) with only 22 hit points left!

Lightning bolt!  Lightning bolt!

haha, we have some LARPers 'round my way. They're always larping it up at the local park every other Saturday. Just having a ball in their costumes and silly hats. I always want to make fun of them to their face but I never have the courage. Every other Saturday I drive around the park a few times mustering some up but always end up just driving back home.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

md

Quote from: Stefen on October 23, 2010, 03:09:16 AM
Quote from: Pwaybloe on October 22, 2010, 08:11:34 AM

fer realzy?

Obviously.  Our hero had to fight off a level 9 Ragnaroid (aka Tony down the street) with only 22 hit points left!

Lightning bolt!  Lightning bolt!
I always want to make fun of them to their face but I never have the courage.

quote of da year
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Stefen

This was really great. It's pretty hilarious, but has tons of heart. Some of the nerds in it are a bit menacing, if you can believe it. It's just a really funny, well done small little film. I loved the opening, and the nerd who steals his bro's girl was cracking me up with that hammer he's always wielding. Watch it if you get a chance. It's awesome.

Pas

Cool story: my girlfriend's brother is a big sports guy and his best friend is an all-state wide receiver. I mentionned that movie for whatever reason and that WR went: is that the movie with swords and shit like that?
- yeah (half shy)
- I played in that.
- What?!?
- I was in a bar and some blonde dude asked me to play a viking or something like that. It was cool.

That was pretty weird