Burke and Hare

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2010, 01:44:30 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Starring: Simon Pegg, Andy Serkis

Directed by: John Landis

Premise: Comedy connoisseur John Landis (ANIMAL HOUSE, TRADING PLACES) directs this darkly comic film set in 19th-century Edinburgh. Selling cadavers to medical schools was big business in the 1800s, and Burke and Hare think that they can make their fortunes in the industry. The only problem is that there aren't any dead bodies to be found.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

72teeth

I really really hope this is good, because i really really want Landis back... and Joe Dante too.
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Pubrick

don't kid yourself, landis has been dead for more than 20 years.. there's no bringing him back.

the plot of this film is just the thinly veiled wish that he could somehow make money by excavating the rotting carcass of his former self.

just like he's apparently done with Rodney Dangerfield.

under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

Yeah, this looks terrible and makes me sad.

From the "Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing" rip-off to the "got caught looking at a friend's butt" scene, it's just too hard to watch.

72teeth

Quote from: P on October 07, 2010, 03:07:29 AM

just like he's apparently done with Rodney Dangerfield.

i thought that was Marty Feldman
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Ravi

Quote from: RegularKarate on October 07, 2010, 10:37:44 AM
Yeah, this looks terrible and makes me sad.

From the "Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing" rip-off to the "got caught looking at a friend's butt" scene, it's just too hard to watch.

Its as if the people making the trailer said, "Let's take a dark and strange premise and treat it like an average shitty comedy."