I'm Still Here

Started by MacGuffin, July 14, 2010, 11:18:40 PM

MacGuffin

Magnolia snags 'Still Here'
Casey Affleck-directed pic to be released Sept. 10
Source: Variety

Magnolia Pictures has picked up world rights to "I'm Still Here," Casey Affleck's pic chronicling Joaquin Phoenix's foray into hip-hop, with a release planned for Sept. 10.

Movie follows a year in Phoenix's life after he publicly gave up acting and tried to establish himself as a musician. Distribution deal was negotiated by Tom Quinn, Dori Begley and Chris Matson of Magnolia, with WME's Liesl Copland.

Pic joins a slate of upcoming Magnolia releases, including "The Extra Man," "Night Catches Us" and "Smash his Camera." Company also released "Two Lovers," the most recent Phoenix film.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Tictacbk

...awesome.  Posters similar to this, but in silhouette with no words, are pasted all over LA too.

modage

Movie aside, the poster is great.

Xixax Best Poster Nominee 2011.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Trying to figure out if this is a sequel or prequel to this.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

That's an awfully grandiloquent trailer for a movie in which somebody takes a shit on Joaquin Phoenix's chest.
My house, my rules, my coffee

RegularKarate

Quote from: polkablues on August 16, 2010, 06:59:00 PM
That's an awfully grandiloquent trailer for a movie in which somebody takes a shit on Joaquin Phoenix's chest.

Isn't that the point?  Seems like it's part of the joke.
He says "I'm a mountaintop water drop"

polkablues

Honestly, I don't know what the point is.
My house, my rules, my coffee

RegularKarate

I'm not sure either.  It was a legitimate question.
How much of a joke is this?

Pas

This looks like something that got out of hand, really.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

it's the zach galifinakus thing.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Sleepless

I said from the beginning this was all a construction - it's a commentary on celebrity. They took a well known, well respected actor and basically played a trick on all of us. And the media just ate it up every step of the way. The joke is on them, really. There is going to be a lot of discussion around this release (not just here) and I for one can't wait.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Sleepless on August 17, 2010, 04:25:21 PM
I said from the beginning this was all a construction - it's a commentary on celebrity. They took a well known, well respected actor and basically played a trick on all of us. And the media just ate it up every step of the way. The joke is on them, really. There is going to be a lot of discussion around this release (not just here) and I for one can't wait.

Really?  Because everyone seemed to catch on to the fact that it was a put on pretty quickly.