I'm Still Here

Started by MacGuffin, July 14, 2010, 11:18:40 PM

OrHowILearnedTo

They played the repeat of his Letterman interview last night and I was struck by how he really doesn't do anything. It was really boring and, like Ghostboy said, one-note. When it was first aired all the interest came from speculating "what happened to Joaquin Phoenix?" and how shocking seeing this new persona on high profile tv was. This was before the movie was announced, and before alot of people were even aware that he announced he quit acting or was doing hip hop. Now knowing for sure that it was all staged, what he does doesn't really seem like a performance of Joaquin Phoenix on the brink of insanity or whatever, but a separate character, a bearded douchebag rapper. I haven't seen the movie, but It doesn't look like a transformation of the real Joaquin into a new person/character, but more like Joaquin putting on an beard and thinking up a weird backstory.

I Love a Magician

this is pretty much the worst movie i've ever seen. i gave it a 1/10 because i laughed at "life is not a christmas day." terribly put together, looks terrible, sounds terrible. it's an in joke between friends rich/famous enough to get this shit seen and actually discussed like anyone gives a fuck.

depressing that the two worst movies i've seen this year are casey affleck joints.