How Do You Know

Started by modage, August 13, 2010, 09:30:17 AM

modage

Release Date: December 17, 2010
Starring: Paul Rudd, Reese Witherspoon, Owen Wilson, Jack Nicholson and Kathryn Hahn.
Directed by: James L. Brooks.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810092348/video
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

HOW DO YOU KNOW
WHETHER OR NOT YOU SHOULD START A THREAD FOR A MOVIE LIKE THIS?

modage

Quote from: modage on August 13, 2010, 09:30:17 AM
Directed by: James L. Brooks.

If the director had been Shawn Levy or something I probably wouldn't have. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

I know... I was just joshin

Pubrick

the title is so shit i just assumed it was directed by Nancy Meyers.
under the paving stones.

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

Tictacbk

C'mon guys, can't we let this thread die until it moves to Now Showing, one person sees it and confirms that it blows, and then it disappears forever?

You know, unless an international trailer comes out.

MacGuffin

James L. Brooks pic to be recut for language
Columbia's 'How Do You Know' lost appeal to overturn R rating
Source: Variety

After losing its appeal to overturn an R-rating, Columbia Pictures will recut James L. Brooks' "How Do You Know" to eliminate certain language.

Studio wants the romantic comedy film to be released with the less restrictive PG-13 rating. Pic unspools in theaters Dec. 17.

The R-rating was assigned specifically because the word "fuck" is used three times in the film, which stars Reese Witherspoon, Jack Nicholson, Paul Rudd and Owen Wilson. Normally, only one occurrence of the word is acceptable in a PG-13 rated film.

On Thursday, the Classification and Rating Appeals Board upheld the R-rating.

When a rating is upheld, filmmakers have the option of making the changes needed to secure a less restrictive rating and resubmitting the film to CARA.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

the only language they need to change is the title.

POOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEY.
under the paving stones.

SiliasRuby

This was hearkbreakingly awesome and its too bad it was not seen by ANYONE here but me. James L. Brooks hits it out of the park again. Sorry for the pun-Reese's Character is a woman baseball player. It just made my heart melt and its certainly gonna become one of the few blu-rays I will pick up at the end of the year. Thats right, I'm only going to pick up DVD's and Blu-rays every 6 months from now on since I'm really taking advantage of netflix to the core. But I digress.
All of the characters were fully realized and had those 'awww' moments that are in every James L Brooks movie. Plus, it really spoke to me. The three leads really fit into their roles so perfectly. I was skeptical at first but Jesus-were they good. Its a shame the lot of you are too cynical about love to see this gem of a movie-so please open your heart and put this on your queue. Its a step UP from 'Spanglish' and I really can't wait to show it to others. I haven't been this entralled by a romantic comedy since '500 days of summer' and that really flored me.

Recommended.

P.S. You guys are right though, the title does suck.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pas

Are you out of your mind this was AWFUL. I love Owen Wilson and Paul Rudd and they work fine here but all the othe actors are ridiculous, including Jack Nicholson.

Reese Witherspoon can't act.

That script was boring and slow. Bad, bad film

Kal

This is pretty bad. Great cast and a few funny moments but overall is BAD.

cinemanarchist

Even bad Brooks is much better than most. I didn't love it, but I found it very pleasant and enjoyable to watch. It wasn't worth the hundred million or whatever ridiculous amount it ended up costing, though.
My assholeness knows no bounds.