Buried

Started by MacGuffin, July 22, 2010, 04:21:41 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: September 24th, 2010 (limited)

Starring: Ryan Reynolds, Ivana Mino, Stephen Tobolowsky, Samantha Mathis, Dianne Farr

Directed by: Rodrigo Cortes 

Premise: Paul Conroy is not ready to die. But when he wakes up 6 feet underground with no idea of who put him there or why, life for the truck driver and family man instantly becomes a hellish struggle for survival. Buried with only a cell phone and a lighter, his contact with the outside world and ability to piece together clues that could help him discover his location are maddeningly limited.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

hey it's that guy who's banging Scarlett Johansson.

he can go halfway to hell.
under the paving stones.

picolas

Reinhold

csi miami already did this movie. who greenlit this guaranteed piece of shit? maybe pot shouldn't be so easy to get in california after all.

Here's how i see it going down:

Writer: "dude, wouldn't this [part of kill bill] be a sweet movie by itself?"

Producer: I've got a blank check around here somewhere...

maybe they should cut their losses and recut it as horror mumblecore. "BURIED 170 miles from a cell tower. 15% battery. Possible dinner plans."
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Ravi

Quote from: P on July 22, 2010, 09:24:21 PM
hey it's that guy who's banging Scarlett Johansson.

he can go halfway to hell.

I smell a buddy movie in which Ryan Reynolds and Geoffrey Arend are trapped in a box buried underground.  The End.

Stefen

I like Ryan Reynolds.  :(
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

I liked this a lot. I didn't really want to see it first, but I'm glad I did. After 40 minutes you start wondering how the hell they will continue to make it interesting for another hour, but they did! I wasn't bored at all, and when you realize how well done it is considering the circumstances, it gets better. Any filmmaker or hardcore film fan can appreciate it. The director seems like a cool, smart funny guy, and Ryan Reynolds is the shit.

mogwai

Liked the Hitchockesque feel to it. Makes me respect cell phones more than ever now.

pete

poor reynalds just can't catch a break. it's like 127 hours lite!
(and I haven't seen 127 hours.)
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

socketlevel

Quote from: kal on September 24, 2010, 02:04:21 PM
I liked this a lot. I didn't really want to see it first, but I'm glad I did. After 40 minutes you start wondering how the hell they will continue to make it interesting for another hour, but they did! I wasn't bored at all, and when you realize how well done it is considering the circumstances, it gets better. Any filmmaker or hardcore film fan can appreciate it. The director seems like a cool, smart funny guy, and Ryan Reynolds is the shit.

ya same man. This was one of those movies that would have been great to come up with. get a good script, good actor and about 9 caskets for different camera angles and you got yourself a movie. would have been a great first feature, I'm jealous.
the one last hit that spent you...

mogwai

It reminded me of the first "Saw" movie oddly enough. It just that he has all of this supplies to deal with. And how fast he takes his actions would be impossible in real life (yeah I know it's a movie). The snake part was insane because I resent them.

picolas

Snakes... I resent snakes.

the thing i hate about this movie is how much of an asshole the guy is to anyone who might be able to help him. he's so angry at everyone that it's idiotic.. if his character had more common sense and less annoyingness it could've been quite good.