George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead

Started by MacGuffin, April 27, 2010, 08:38:38 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: May 28, 2010

Starring: Alan Van Sprang, Kenneth Welsh, Devon Bostick, Richard Fitzpatrick and Stefano Colacitti

Directed by: George A. Romero

Premise: Off the coast of Delaware sits the cozy Plum Island where two families are locked in a struggle for power, as it has been for generations. The O'Flynn's, headed by patriarch Patrick O'Flynn, approach the zombie plague with a shoot-to-kill attitude. The Muldoons, headed by Shamus Muldoon, feel that the zombies should be quarantined and kept 'alive,' in hopes that a solution will someday be found.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

socketlevel

side note, I actually know that girl in the poster, a friend of mine directed his university thesis film about a girl turning into a plant and she was the star. she's actually really nice... and hot.

anyway i'm a huge romero zombie fan, diary was kinda poop but i'll forgive it and chalk it up to an old guy thinking he was on the cutting edge with the way he told that one. truthfully that concept was done over a decade before it came out.

now with survival i really like the idea of rival families battling it out on this last refuge island with zombies inhabiting the DMZ. this movie could easily suck, but that concept lives up to the gleeful memories i have of the crew entering the mall in the original dawn. the mix between comic book and great satire is so much fun for me. then later dawn takes a drastic turn and cuts forward in time to the point they're bored with all their possessions and it's almost shot kubrick-esque. such stark static shots.

two families with zombies reminds me of somewhere between Stan Lee drawn, Stephan King penned version of TWBB and straw dogs with corpses that come back to life. they could really give it that new frontier vibe and lawlessness. now like i said this movie might suck (solid chance it will), but when i saw that in the trailer i got a big ass smile on my face. i can't wait to see this.
the one last hit that spent you...

Pubrick

he made it for the money.

he obviously didn't save enough for his retirement years.

he has no other ideas.
under the paving stones.

socketlevel

you're probably right, but i'm still excited.

diggler

I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

socketlevel

has anyone seen this yet? has it been released? i've looked online for showtimes in toronto and i can't find anything.

pete

you know, there are only like two more idioms with the word DEAD in there, then what is george romero's gonna do?  please don't say puns.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

Quote from: pete on July 05, 2010, 11:56:40 AM
you know, there are only like two more idioms with the word DEAD in there, then what is george romero's gonna do? 

Where There's A Will There's A Dead
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Quote from: P on July 05, 2010, 12:03:00 PM
Quote from: pete on July 05, 2010, 11:56:40 AM
you know, there are only like two more idioms with the word DEAD in there, then what is george romero's gonna do?

Where There's A Will There's A Dead

HAH
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ravi

RegularKarate