HIGH School

Started by MacGuffin, April 20, 2010, 10:08:44 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release date: Fall 2010

Starring: Adrien Brody, Colin Hanks, Andrew Wilson, Michael Vartan, Mykelti Williamson, Curtis Armstrong, Michael Chiklis

Directed by: John Stalberg

Premise: A high school valedictorian who gets baked with the local stoner finds himself the subject of a drug test. The situation causes him to concoct an ambitious plan to get his entire graduating class to face the same fate, and fail.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

i don't get it.

who's the valedictorian in the trailer? synopsis makes it sound like that's the point of the movie but the trailer is all about adrien brody doing a weird voice and pulling a face.. he also looks about a thousand years older than anyone else there so when they say local stoner i guess they mean neighbourhood stoner who then appears in school for some reason.

i don't like adrien brody. i believe there's some actors you just can't take seriously as actors. i mean you see someone and they say they're an actor, and you believe them, then they play a character, and you believe the character. i have never been able to get past the first step with adrien brody.. so when he DOES act (and boy does he like to act) he does all the things actors do, he puts on a voice, he loses weight, grows facial hair, whatever, but all that effort he puts into creating a character fails at the outset cos i just don't buy adrien brody the PERSON as an ACTOR first and foremost.

i can't shake the feeling. he's not like an actor trying to play a character, he's a guy trying to play an actor.

i'm beginning to feel the same way about matt damon.
under the paving stones.